BillBelew.com
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I have just installed WooCommerce plugin into my site. I list my book and save it as drafts.

WooCommerce only provides "In stock" or "Out of Stock".

How I add the function "pre-order"?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny I am in touch with Rodolfo Meg who knows all about the plugin.....contact my PM and I can put you in touch as I use WooComm on my product pages throughout my online image catalogs.....
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons I have pmed you.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

There may be a pre-order add-on module for WooCommerce but I don't know of one.

WooCommerce is a massive ecommerce solution and may be considerably more than you need if you are only listing your own book(s) -- it's more suitable if you are going to run a book store.

If you are just offering pre-order sales of your own book you don't really need a plugin (plugins are great but they are not the answer for everything)-- you can just use a page, add the copy your want and then use a PayPal button for the transaction.

If you have more than one book, say a dozen or so, it's just more pages and more buttons. If you want a shopping cart, PayPal offers excellent on-page code for that too.

When you get to the point that a plugin makes sense, look at Easy Digital Downloads if yours are ebooks.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Rev Agreed! Good notions on having just one product though....I have thousands, i.e. WC is ideal solution. I hope Tienny heard from Rodolfo and btw, I agree about plugins too. No need to over stress your site's performance/ I think alot of people may not realize that plugins may also suck up your web host's disk space....depending on the kind of plugin it is. JetPack is a big one since it has so many built in components. Not a good idea to just install a bunch of them, thinking your site will be the grand poobah on web-world.

I only have a few actual plugins installed on my wp site
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thanks for your response.

@DansCartoons I also hope to hear from Rodolfo. I also prefer to install few plugins. Now, I’m selective on the plugins to install. Akismet and duplicator are good plugins.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Rev Does Easy Digital Downloads plugin has any trial version? So that I try first whether the software is suitable for me or not.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

Easy Digital Downloads is FREE! There are some add=on modules that are premium (cost money) but mostly you won't need those. The free version is all you need. It is what I use for the bookshop on WizardsPlace.

Also, instead of Akismet (it is a good plugin) you might want to try WP-Spamshield. I've been switching lately and find it to be as good or better.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev I am not against plugins and I did have JetPack once, but too much I didn't need and I was on a web hosting service that didn't allow me much disk space (unbeknownst to me) so that was sort of my "negative" experience at the time....that web host is ancient history with me. But the reason I say I try to avoid plugins, is it forces me to learn more about the inner workings of Wordpress itself . . . as opposed to have to rely fully on these various plugins that are out there.
What is your list of plugins you have the most of? I have Askimet, Yoast (basic) and I think two others - am I weird or what?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Yeah. I agree not to install too many plugins. My friend introduced me to a potential client. She let me login into her site. She needed help to install div code. Thus I login. I get a shock she has installed too many plugins.

She wanted it to be done asap. Thus, her assistant called me up. I highlight I need time to assess before I can do it. I also ask @Rev about it. In the end, I told them I can’t do it asap. Hence, they need to launch it soon. I can only give them a piece of my advise, “please don’t install too much plugin or else it will slow down the website.” I can only wish them the best. I don’t know, how are they doing now?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29726 10 10
destitute