BillBelew.com
Twitter

Twitter shutting down direct messagiing2809

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like Twitter is closing in on all those cloud based applications that made a marketers job much easier... if you use Crowdfire or a host of others you will see that automated DM's have gone, the follow and unfollow isn't as easy as it once was... to stop you following and unfollowing large numbers quickly.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve I noticed that on Crowdfire.
Will they delete DMs created in Crowdfire too?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Yep its only a matter of time... dm's only via Twitter itself... i imagine Twitter is taking back control from these other companies.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member My1App private msg quote post Address this user
I have received also this message from Crowdfire:

" Hello,

We're writing to let you know about important changes to Twitter features available on Crowdfire.

Twitter recently asked us to make changes across the Crowdfire app. We're currently in talks with the Twitter team and wanted to inform you of the following developments right away.

1. The Auto DM feature is no longer allowed by Twitter. As such, we've had to remove it from the Crowdfire app. This is why you're not seeing it in the app anymore. Twitter has more information on this....and it's continuing like this with following/unfollowing policy

Paul/My1App
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
About time! All these automated programs have made Twitter DMs about as (un)useful as email. Too much spam or just messages for the sake of messages. I'm glad to see Twitter taking back control.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I couldn't find the section where I can add DMs via Twitter itself. Is that gone too?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
If you go to someones profile and click message... that is a DM (Direct Message)

It's just all of the automated stuff they are stopping...
Auto DM's and all of these tools that make following and unfollowing so easy.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
No automated DMs??!!

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29382 8 8
destitute