BillBelew.com

100 Guest Post Published2810

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
It's official! On Oct 10 I got my 100th guest blog post published.

I've written more, but number 100 was published yesterday. I am going to keep writing because some bloggers didn't include a link to my site.

Also, I have produced a few videos, where my site's links are included and that brings the total to 128.

It's been a great adventure so far.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! That`s a lot!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, Susan. Congratulations. You really do a great job for your business. Lots to learn from you. Again, big congrats.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@JelenaBB @gspieler Thank you both!

For my guest posts I usually write about 600 words, and that's on top of what I write normally.

Doesn't feel like a strain and it hasn't been an issue. I have just really enjoyed the process.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
In reference to seeing how it has increased traffic (for you and your domain), what tool have you utilized for this? Are your page views increasing after the 100th GP? Or have your "sessions" increased based on this number of GP's?
Since April 1st, 2017 I have written a new blog post every 24 hours (a minimum 300 words - some are 400, 500 and a few were 1,000 and more words) and it hasn't increased my traffics per se. I mean page views are relatively stagnant at around 2,500 per day (sessions around 160 per day)....which brings me to my next two questions:

#1. Are blog posts daily worth doing?

#2. Is there more potential in guest posting vs. blog posts on one's own
site?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons Traffic has been incremental in regards to the posts.

As they were guest posts I wrote longer pieces of about 600 words, but some longer because my host required that.

What's driving traffic is the combination of my posts which I add regularly like you, and the guest posts which have a link back to my site.

The links in the guest posts act like a signal to the search engines encouraging them to send more visitors to my site. The traffic doesn't necessarily come from the host's visitors clicking the link.

It's all tracked on Google Analytics.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons did you use some keywords tools when you write? Certain keywords longtail make a huge difference in the number of visitors to the site.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member DansCartoons private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay @JelenaBB much appreciated. Susan, I use Analytics too. I see I get on average about 2,500 pageviews per day and the "sessions" are at about 160 per day and have been like that all summer. JelenaBB maybe I need to consider using keyword tools when I write....can you suggest anything?
And I know what long tail keywording is...however, I use the basic Yoast plugin and when I try to use a URL that is about 4 or 5 longtail words, Yoast tells me I am using "STOP" words....I like to employ my chosen keywords in the title of a blog post to the URL tailing the blog page if you know what I mean. It isn't easy.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons why not work on your call to action? With those figures you should be getting better conversions.

You'll end up chasing your tail all day if you getting bogged down with key words.

Are you gathering emails in exchange for something free? Then building up a strong relationship with those people?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Does that mean you have 100+ backlinks to your own site?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew certainly does
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

And how's that working for you?

Have you seen an increase in traffic? Ranking? other measurement?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@DansCartoons you can try Jaxxy. It will help finding high traffic keywords with low competition. They will give you 30 keyword searches as a free member, so you can try it.
But, I think that @SusanDay is wright. You need some call to action. Give your visitors something for free to join your email list. In that case, you can send them emails ones a week or a month with links to your new posts.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
29726 13 13
destitute