BillBelew.com
Business Advice

Replay: So, You've Written a Book2836

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
So, You've Written Book

And, not just any book. You have written a non-fiction book to show the world you are an expert in your chosen field. This book contains all your know-how and expertise; all collected together in one neat package.

But, what now?

In our Weekly Wednesday Webbie we take a look at marketing and promoting your book. We will look at how you can use your book to set yourself up as a top influencer, and the go-to person everyone is looking for. Come along and share your ideas, and get tips from the experts and those with years of experience.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Great Webbie. Thanks so much. GREAT advice. Stuff I've never thought of or knew.

Re Amazon reviews: I found out that they list the first review based on how many people clicked on "Was this helpful."

I was fortunate in that I actually got Amazon to remove a review that was really awful, but also personal. I asked Amazon to list the most current first, but they wouldn't change the order. I learned that the reviews were automated, again, based on how many people liked the review, so as this one review has 25 people saying they found it helpful, but I only have 26 reviews, it's really suspicious.

So, writing a blog post every day? I have trouble writing one every two weeks.

Finally, I just completed the proposal for my next book and waiting to connect with my literary agent to see if she wants to rep it as it is very different than my first book and the one she sold for me.

The proposal is a bit long, but very comprehensive. My concern is that I really don't have a wide audience as a platform and I need to work on that. I'm really clueless about how to use Twitter, but everyone I know that is good at that stuff says it is a critical part of creating a platform.

Guess I need to get to work on that. Anyway Susan, thanks for a great webbie. Learned a lot.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@gspieler Thanks for your kind support.

I was thinking of doing a webinar for authors on how to use Twitter - do you think that would be useful?

I send my email (the one I mention in the recording) to only a handful of subscribers. You have to start somewhere.

Thanks for the tips re Amazon reviews - it's always helpful to learn these things.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay-

I would love to hear a webinar on how to use Twitter. As I mentioned, I have a standing writers group on Wednesday evenings exactly when you do these meetings, but I always listen the next day.

So, I vote "yes."
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay Thanks for the webinar. Recently, I feel so overwhelmed with so many things going on. I have googled on the children’s book publishing pipeline. Does it mean I need to find a book layout designer? Is it the final phase before printing?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@gspieler Consider it done! I'll do the research and schedule it for next week. I know you can't make the webinars, so I'll imagine you are listening... lol
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@tienny You don't need to hire a layout designer. Do you use MSPublisher? I create all my layouts for children's books using it, and it's great. If you need any help just DM.

Formatting your book and saving it as a PDF is the final stage before publishing it as a print book.

I am glad you liked the webinar, thank you
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay--Yes, I catch up on Thursdays when you post them. I get all the announcements of what is going on in the forum.

Thanks so much for all your good help.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay Thanks. Just DM you.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
29614 9 9
destitute