BillBelew.com
Motivation

I'll Stop Procrastinating Later ... or not.2840

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have been putting off and putting off putting on my presentation preparation hat.

I have a big presentation coming later this week.

Nothing like an impending deadline to get you out of the procrastination funk.

What gets you going when you don't want to get going?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Student TParker private msg quote post Address this user
I find that if I open a document to start the project or do a little research online I'll sometimes get the ball rolling and can take it from there. Other times, I have to give myself an upfront reward. (Ok, you can watch one episode and then you have to do X minutes of work.) You might consider the Pomodoro method.

Take a break from all input and just thinking about the project is also helpful. My brain begins organizing the information while I'm daydreaming or putting together a puzzle, then when I am ready to start writing the content flows more easily.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
Fear. It always works for me because I'm terrified of not appearing prepared and then looking like a loser.

I'm also worried about not be able to answer questions about my topic. Oh, the horror of it all.

This probably stems from an inferiority complex. I'm mean, what am I doing up here when all these people think I know what I'm talking about. Me? I guess it's the old "fraud" syndrome.

But, hey, fear gets me motivated. I would never want to be found out.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I had a book on procrastination once. Never got around to reading it.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Dolevza private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Bill,

Here is a short lecture I did about procrastination and ways to overcome it.

I would be happy to help if needed.

Dolev
Post 5 • IP   flag post
29614 5 5
destitute