BillBelew.com

Where has the year gone?2847

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Well, December will soon by knocking on our doors and signalling the end of another year.

Are you like me wondering where the year went or did you achieve everything you set out to this year?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

The older we get the faster time passes.

How was your year?

Maybe we can get an update from folks here on their year... but not yet.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
I achieved a lot but I can't say I had a hand in some of it because several of these events began a couple of years ago.

This may not sound like milestones to you, but are big ones for me. Some of these events have been on hold and now finally came to fruition, so indulge me, if you will.

1. I got to meet the screenwriters of my hopefully "big screen" movie based on my book.

We were invited to the Carmelo International Film Festival where I was introduced as the author of the book that will be their next movie. The movie they were working on when they found me is Chappaquiddick, based on the tragic event where Senator Ted Kennedy drove off the bridge with a volunteer in his car, Mary Jo Kopechne. He got out and she died. It will be out and in theaters in April.

The movie is cast with several Oscar winners and the screenwriters have won several awards for their screenplay.

2. Also, I completed a non-fiction book proposal that is sitting with my agent, so far so good.No word yet.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@gspieler

That's great stuff. And to think you still have a month to go!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@gspieler That's amazing! How exciting for you!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew @SusanDay Thanks. The movie is really a very big deal to me as I had many false starts since the book came out in 2009.

People who read it kept telling me it should be a movie. So, yeah, of course, I think it would be a good movie. And so do every single one of my fiction writing friends think their book would make a good movie. And I agree with them. Some of the books they write would be spectacular movies.

My agent and I worked very hard right after the book was published to sell it to the cable networks as well as some of the Hollywood people she knows. The answer was always the same: There is nothing redeeming about Sara Jane Moore. Why would we want to make a movie about such a shit? So we stopped pushing after a while as no TV or screenwriters and producers had no interest.

As I said, I've had some so-called bites over the years, but nothing ever happened to them. So when I got this email from Andrew Logan and Taylor Allen, I sent it on to my agent expecting nothing. But it was something and after nine months of negotiation between their lawyers and Sharlene's and my lawyer, in 2015, we had an 18-page contract for a movie option. I will spare you all the details of movie options protocol. But, you now have the background and why this past year was significant. Now that
Chappaquiddick is done and out, they have told me they are working on "Taking Aim" exclusively.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@gspieler It just goes to show you how long these things take. When we see a movie no one realizes how long it has been in the planning, or how many people have been working on it.

I am really looking forward to following this journey more, that's for sure. 2018 - here we come!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay

Thanks so much. What I have learned is that at a minimum, it takes about three years to complete a movie from screenplay to film. Everything seems to take forever. How many versions of the screenplay before it's approved? Casting. Cast learning roles and directors Ok with the final takes? Locations and sets. Film editing. The earliest they say the film version of Taking Aim would launch would be 2020.

So, as I tell all my female friends: I'm shopping for my dress just yet.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29756 8 8
destitute