BillBelew.com

What's better - a review or an article?2850

Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
As many of you know I was on a mission to write 100 guest posts on other people's blogs this year. Well, I got there in October and haven't stopped.

As well, having written my first non-fiction book I went back to some of the people I had originally written for and asked them if they would like a free review copy or if they would like me to write another article for them.

So far - 1 x review and 8 x articles (and someone actually bought the book!!)

Reviews look great on Amazon, but all the articles have one link to my book's website and some bloggers linked to the book's Amazon page too.

In your opinion which is best for the long term marketing campaign of my book?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

Nothing will beat a really good book.

When it gets read by the right number of people, the rest will take care of itself.

Focus on getting the book read, not just found.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay @Belew I think book reviews are more important. As people find you and check out your book on Amazon, having as many as possible reviews will spill over to your blog, I'm sure, but necessarily the other way around.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew Any suggestions on how to get a book read?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@gspieler I think you are right, ... to be found we need reviews ... we need more reviews to attract more customers...

Do you pay attention to bad reviews? I do - I always read them and then make up my own mind.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew @SusanDay

One way to get your book read is to go to as many book review sites, such as Readers Favorite [url=https://readersfavorite.com/, Good Reads, and The Ultimate List of Book Review Websites and get your book read and reviewed by them. You can use these reviews to get visibility on Facebook for sure. Some of the sites will do the heaving lifting for you, such as Readers Favorite.

Obviously, if you have good reviews on the sites, it's a way to say, "Hey, look. These guys like my book is good and so will you."

Re Amazon reviews: I don't pay attention to others bad reviews, just my own. I figure everyone has an agenda that goes beyond the quality of the book.

At this point in my books career, I'm giving them away. All I want now is visibility. I ask for a review on Amazon in return. However, I'm not having a lot of result with reviews. People are just lazy. But, if you can get some good reviews on these sites, it helps a lot. Good luck. Hope this helps.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

Hunt out the influencers surrounding your book topic. ..go to their site and contact them and give them a free digital copy, no strings attached. It costs you nothing but time.

If you give it away enough and to the right people, and it's good, it'll cstch.on.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew How do you know whether you give the book to the right people?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tienny You don't know. And it doesn't matter. I think it's impossible to know everything about your market, but in some ways it's "Self selecting." People who have no interest in your book won't read it. You also don't want to pre-judge a potential fan.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Makes sense.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
A reviee from an influencer would be ideal... look at grandparents in the news and getting lots of publicity now and give em your book...😁
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Steve I'm doing that right now. I'm giving away lots of copies to grandparent blogs and baby boomers.

Anyone who wants a free copy send me your address and I'll mail it to you.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@tienny I don't think you ever know if you're giving your book to the right people, but sometimes you can be selective my understanding your market.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Samantha Makes sense.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay True also.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay Maybe you can find the target of your book readers and ask for their reviews.

@gspieler Thanks for providing the review site. Is it applicable for children's book?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@SusanDay..These book review sites have several categories, so you pick the one that is right for your book.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
29756 17 17
destitute