BillBelew.com
Content Creation

Testimonial or review of my book?2855

Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I have sent my books to some of my friends to read and test it out. A friend likes it and her son is convinced to brush his teeth. I feel so happy to hear that. Thus, I want to send a form to ask them to fill up personally on the effectiveness of my story towards their children and other children.

Is it considered as testimonial or review of my book?
Is it considered as part of marketing?
How should the form look like?

Will anybody please guide me in this?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny--I have no idea. It is a way to control the response, but in terms of testimonial or review, a bit of both. The only time I've ever received a form was when authors were in the writing process, not a completed book.

I'm not sure how I would feel being given a form letter for my review. But, maybe that is just me. What happens with this form you are sending out is limiting the reviews you may have gotten on Amazon or Good Reads.

So, what are you looking for from this form?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@gspieler I’m looking for how my story helps and touches the parents and children’s hearts and minds. Thus lead to positive actions.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Testimonials all the way - if you can get. Make it personal. Reviews are also nice - but I would think that the testimonials would be good for the book.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
From my perspective, a good book review is a testimonial. Other than books, testimonials for my work is just that.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger Thanks for your kind suggestion.

@gspieler Appreciate for sharing your perspectives all the way.

Now, I need to get to work. Hope I get it clearly.

Really appreciate for everyone's kind suggestion.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@tienny Good luck with your book. I'm sure you can ask for specifics, but that may be difficult as if people buy your book from Amazon or other locations, it's going to be difficult to pre-program their response.

From my perspective, just relax about it and let your readers do their thing. As your book has specific advice, more than likely they will respond to your ideas, thereby giving you the review you hope for.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@gspieler What do you mean by “pre-program their response”?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tienny--Re your note on asking people to respond to specific elements of your book.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@gspieler Do you mean to give specific questions for them to answer?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
29756 10 10
destitute