BillBelew.com
BloggingOrganic SearchSEOWordPress

Is SEO work on previous posts worth it?2886

BKatt private msg quote post Address this user
I have published over 150 blogging posts. As I learn more about how to properly SEO-format my posts, I am faced with a choice:

In addition to putting out new posts every day... is it a valuable use of time to return to my previous posts and SEO format them?

Or will the search engine bots not pay attention to my SEO formatting improvements because the bots already determined the (non)value of those previous posts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@BKatt

I am wondering what else you think needs to be done other than what I told you from the beginning.

What are you thinking of going back and redoing?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@BKatt

You can, of course, improve on your positioning in the SERPs but you need to examine where your time is better spent. If you are already getting page one placement then writing more posts on more varied, but still related, topics may produce results. On the other hand, if your posts show up on page two or three (or even farther down) then improving the on-page SEO is likely worth the effort.

Most search engines with their own bots, and Google in particular, will re-index your posts when they find changes. And keep in mind that SEO includes content. Adding a little extra content to a post when it otherwise comes up lacking can be a significant improvement.

Are you using the Yoast SEO plugin?
Post 3 IP   flag post
BKatt private msg quote post Address this user
I am using Yoast... as best I know how at this point.

I usually tweak their snippets. I also add a title and description in the WP dashboard below. And I edit the permalink per suggestions in my thread about categories, tags, etc.
Post 4 IP   flag post
30364 4 4
destitute