BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationContent MarketingGenerate Content Ideas

Do 300 or 400 word post still rank on Google2893

vicky4227 private msg quote post Address this user
I am getting confused about word length and SEO. I don't long post and I don't write long. But since I am about to go into internet marketing, I am still wondering if there is hope of ranking and possibly making money those of us that write short posts in summary.
Trying to shoot out 2k+ words per post will be a great shift in my reality and ability.
So can someone help me with some advice.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@vicky4227

The 2K plus word post works well on sites that have an army of 300-word long posts.

Nobody can write 1000s or even 100s of 2K word posts.

Long posts show up in search ... but they don't get read. Nobody can read a post in less than a minute that is 2,000 words long.

When you search and choose a result ... what do you do next? Scroll down and see how long the article is. If it's too long, you back out.

Satisfy the query or the promise you are making in the title. Forget abt word length.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@vicky4227

Also ... it's not just the word count in the post that matters. It also matters what else is on the page that post appears in.

It's ridiculous to think a long-worded answer is better just because it is long. Or short is better because it's fast.

Make a promise in the title - deliver on that promise.

Rinse and repeat.

You will also be hard-pressed to be successful at this if you work at it alone. You need a network to hang with.

Also .. the smaller your target audience the easier it is to reach.

There are no plumbers or florists who have time to read 2000 word articles.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks for your response because it is getting kind of confusing for me as i try to find a balance between length and ranking.
I guess being able to shoot out a 300, 400 and at least 500 word article should get me the results I am looking for.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@vicky4227

Sadly, it's not just how much you write, it's also how many you write that will make a difference.

Too many people give up too soon.

Also depends on the size of the competitor and the size of the market you are in.

Let us know if you have more questions. Happy to help.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks a lot. Just took your advice. Currently working on some great post now though in a competitive niche.
Will let you know how it goes.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@vicky4227

Here are two blog posts that may help you:

The 4 Ys Of Success

Baker’s Dozen: 13 On-Page SEO Tips

It's not rocket science. Really. Remember these things and apply them to your multitude of 250 to 450 word posts and you will be found. Try for somewhere in that range but, when appropriate, write 2 word or 2000 word posts if they share what you need to say.

Always write for your readers, not the numbers.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Rev
Thanks for your suggestions.

I am definitely taking a look at these links and will surely put them into practice.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Just finished reading the posts and they sure make important points that needs to be put into practice.

Time to get to work.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Member Iamstevenb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev

Here are two blog posts that may help you:

The 4 Ys Of Success

Baker’s Dozen: 13 On-Page SEO Tips

I put your website back on my bookmark's bar. Your website looks great.
Post 10 IP   flag post
30144 10 10
destitute