BillBelew.com
Business AdviceNetworking

Coffee Shop Business514

AlyssaYoung private msg quote post Address this user
Just a little while ago, I wrote an article about the new business meeting place: coffee shops.

I now wonder... how often do you conduct meetings of any kind in a coffee shop?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@AlyssaYoung

I conduct all of my initial business meetings in coffee shops.

Once a client decides to engage me I move to a quieter venue.

I have done more meetings in coffee shops than out of them.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using them for years, since before the Internet. I just checked out a new one last week (it's great!) and I'm out the door in about 5 minutes to have lunch there today. I'll likely stay for a couple hours and get some "quiet" work done. No cell phone. Just my laptop and Kindle -- I can work or relax and read. For the price of a coffee and a sandwich (or just a coffee if you're not there during meal time) it's a cheap, but excellent, alternate office space. Just respect their busy times, buy something extra if you are there during meal hours, and tip well. You will be welcomed back!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev Local coffee shop or chain?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Belew Local. Privately owned, family run. Just cut a barter deal today to set them up a website.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev

What'd you get in return?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Less than the dollar value of the website but more than the time to create it will cost me. I will be using their premises at least three times a week to work on some personal writing (novels) I am doing, and using a break-out room they have to hold some local classes and meet-ups, perhaps as often as three or four times a month (no actual limit). And there will never be a bill, including my food/beverage.

They're happy. I'm happy.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev Sounds like a win, win to me ...
Post 8 • IP   flag post
26130 8 8
destitute