BillBelew.com
Business AdviceHabitsMotivation

1st Thing Every Monday Morning, I Want to ..522

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
What's the very first thing you do every Monday morning?

I read email in bed and mark actions I need to follow up on that day/week.

What's the very first thing I WANT to do?

Hmm ... I want to hug my 1st grader. We like to just chill before I make breakfast. No talking, just chilling.

What's the difference between the first thing you do each Monday morning and the first thing you WANT to do each Monday?

What I usually wear to work on Mondays.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Lloyd_Lofthouse private msg quote post Address this user
The first thing I do between 6 - 6:30 AM is exercise for an hour, but I'd rather wake up and read a book for that hour and then crawl out of bed and stagger around groggy before logging on to the internet.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
PatS private msg quote post Address this user
First thing I do on Monday morning, and every morning, is spend time with God. I suppose the only thing I'd rather do is stay in bed and grab another hour of sleep. But once I make it to my "God spot" I'm ready for an hour of communion, prayer and reading. Great start to any day. Even Monday...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
This presupposes I bother keeping track of the days of the week. I don't wear a watch. I don't carry a cell phone. I don't set an alarm clock when I sleep. My appointment book has lined pages. No time indicators. No daily, weekly, or monthly calendar indications. I keep journals, not diaries. My time is my own, not controlled by some silly measuring system.

I know it is daytime because the sun is up. I know it's spring because the trees outside my office window are starting to sprout leaves. I discover it is Sunday when my favorite coffee shop's door is locked. Other than that Walmart and Dillons are open 24/7 and the car has headlights. Why do I need to care what day, let alone what time, it is?

My day -- any one of them -- starts around noon. Yes, noon. That's roughly when I naturally wake up most days. My office window faces east and if I can see the sun I know I'm up too early. And don't bother me with that early to bed, early to rise, baloney. There is always more than one way to look at things.

After all, it is the early worm that gets taken by the bird!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev just wish i could sleep in, just once ...

Post 5 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Spend time with God and wish to have team members to work together and a space to work.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@tienny

I will be your teammate. ... but virtually. If that's okay.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Belew That's great. Due to staying in different countries. I have met Mayuresh for my children's book manuscript.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@tienny Is he helping you?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Belew Yes. 😃 And I find out my mistakes 😅 with my wordpress blog settings and titles. He introduces to me the necessary URL to help my post titles.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I hear that a lot. The simple answer is, "It's a matter of choice!" but reality often makes that difficult. Sometimes it's the other choices, the once that lead up to, or away from, that all-important choice that really matter the most.

I've made some difficult choices to get where I am, to experience the real freedom, what Dr. Charles Paul Conn called "The Uncommon Freedom", that I do. Thankfully I found, and listened to, the right guides.

Was it worth it? You bet!
Post 11 • IP   flag post
AlyssaYoung private msg quote post Address this user
What I do: Get out of bed and make the coffee, unless my husband beats me to it.

If he does beat me to it, I wake up and pet my cats.

What I want to do: Pretty much those exact things. If I could do those things while on a camp ground, that would be better.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
25144 12 12
destitute