BillBelew.com
Content CreationEast vs. WestInfographics

Asians Interact Online More than the West560

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
In my never ending search of more facts about how Asians use the net, particularly Chinese, I keep coming up with more ... more ... MORE!

Chinese hang around online a lot more than we westerners.

Not only do Chinese stay on a page longer than the west, they create much more content, too!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm . . . All along I thought the westerners create more content.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Also, we need to rethink (or redefine) our understanding of what we really mean when we say "the west". Previously referring to "western developed countries" as the leaders in the world, we must now accept that this block is slipping behind the "eastern" countries in many (most?) measured areas.

But we should consider that "America" -- in particular, the United States of America (and not to be confused with other members of the "Americas" -- is rapidly (rapidly!) slipping behind other members of the aforementioned western block. It is to the point that "America" (the US alone) may need to be separated out in such discussions and referenced with it's own numbers.

For example, while over all western performance was below that of eastern countries in "personalization" of online communication, the US showed the lowest score at 17% involvement while Germany was at 29%, a significant difference, leaving the US alone at the bottom.

Watchathink?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
What??!! I am not living in the country that's the center of the universe, physical, spatial and virtual anymore?

How dare you?! 8-)

All data is big enough that it can be more specific as needed.

I'd only single out the US in a report if it is called for.

But your point is well taken.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder what individual segments within each region would say ( I.e. Asians within US)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Mavika30 private msg quote post Address this user
Are Chinese interacting mostly in Chinese-language sites or English sites as well? In other words, should I be translating my blogs / website into Chinese to capture that traffic? This is something Neil Patel advocates, internet blogger extraordinaire!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Most online translators in Chinese I have seen are not that great. You may want to have a human do it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@rashmijdalai

Chinese in Chinese.

To attract the Chinese in Chinese you also need your site hosted in China.

it's not enough to just have a translation.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@dzflower453 getting a human to do it is too costly generally.

Use an automated translation and get a human to edit it for you.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
That was what I was thinking. Would you pay a human to edit for you?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Yes.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
25162 11 11
destitute