BillBelew.com
BloggingOrganic Traffic

How to increase your blog exposure?570

Member Mavika30 private msg quote post Address this user
So much to learn... but I need to wrap up and call it a night. Thank you for starting your day with me. So very much appreciated!
Post 51 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@rashmijdalai I need to wake up and call it a morning.

I will send you the link.
Post 52 • IP   flag post
Great! Gnite!
Post 53 • IP   flag post
Member Lloyd_Lofthouse private msg quote post Address this user
The air is very bad in most of China's major cities. When I've visited, I usually last about 2 weeks and then fly home.

However, if you want to skip the cities, I suggest visiting the Li River near the city of Guilin, but don't stay in Guilin.

There are river tours that start at Point A and end at Point B and Point B is a small town where the air is clean---the only industry is tourism. They ban all cars on that town's central streets. On the outskirts of the town there are streets that allow traffic but it was never as bad as it gets in China's major cities---at least when I was there in 2008.

To give you an idea of the river Cruise:

http://ilookchina.net/2013/06/27/li-river-cruise-2008/

And here area a few photographs of the town I'm talking about.

WARNING. If you visit my post by clicking the next link, do NOT click any of the links embedded in the actual post. I decided to check them to see if any of them were inactive/broken, and one of them, that was okay when I wrote the post, has become corrupted. My computer through my Google Chrome link is going crazy. I'm sending this updated comment through my Firefox link.

http://ilookchina.net/2013/03/05/impressions-of-liu-sanjie-2/
Post 54 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I suspect all is aware of the "Great Firewall", which blocks traffic in/out of China. I used a VPN to get around it. Now they have the "Great Cannon". Now they tamper the internet messages crossing the border and is causing a whole new kind of havoc. This appeared in articles around 10 April 15. This is an excellent reason to separate English and Chinese websites.
Post 55 • IP   flag post

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I don't worry about China, great people but not my target market. If you want exposure for your blog use Twitter... there is a thread somewhere that outlines how I use Twitter.
Post 56 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

So when Google changes its algorithm to 'filter' results, what is that called?
Post 57 • IP   flag post
Hi Steve and Bill,

I hope you guys are doing well! I'm writing to pick up this thread that I staretd a few months ago about promoting your blog. I disappeared to do what you suggested - move my blog over to a wordpress site. It's done, and now I'd love to know your thoughts on how to get one's site more visible. Bill, I know blogging is tactic #1! I'm committed!

www.rashmijollydalai.com

Look forward to your wisdom!

Rashmi
Post 58 • IP   flag post
@rashmijdalai

Tactic #2 is to increase the depth of you blog archives. This will give the search engines and real people more stuff to find.

It will also increase your credibility.

Meanwhile, @Steve and others can show you how to build a following in the Social Networks - Twitter and LinkedIn... such that when you do promote there, you will have people ready to engage.

Most people write then look for readers.

I recommend you build up your readership while writing.

Then, when you have a following, show them your really good stuff.
Post 59 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@rashmijdalai Just keep hitting that publish button and monitoring that bounce rate on your website... if the bounce rate is high you need to narrow your focus as people aren't finding your content interesting enough ... if your bounce rate is low, keep doing what you are doing.

Getting attention is a long term process, you have to put the work in before you see the rewards... the same holds true if you incorporate social media although you can see follower numbers increase, etc... which seems to please most people.
Post 60 • IP   flag post
Thanks guys! I'm getting a lot of new junk sources to my website that are killing my bounce rate. Should I do anything about those? They look like marketing sites?

For the non-junk users, it seems they're staying on the site for an average of 3 1/2 minutes. I have an overall bounce rate of 80% with the non-real-readers in there. Are there any metrics I should target?
Post 61 • IP   flag post
@rashmijdalai

you can't compare yourself to other sites. You compare the performance of your site to yourself over time.

The bot stats can be filtered out. Go to admin at the top. In the right column is filter. Follow the steps to get rid of those pesky bot stats showing up. But at this point they just keep on coming even you filter them.

there is also a WordPress plug in that will stop most of them.

the most i important thing is to watch your performance in comparison to yourself.

Watch time on site, pages viewed, organic visits and referrals from trusted sites.

Does this help?
Post 62 • IP   flag post
28689 62 12
destitute