BillBelew.com
Content MarketingSEO

SEO Conversation abt Dad's Site571

AlyssaYoung private msg quote post Address this user
Just the other day, my dad created a website through an umbrella company to advertise his own services.

He said that most of his content was articulated in a way that would maximize SEO.

I got very excited to hear someone other than my business professors talk about that strategy!

Here's his website: ERD Companies

What do you think?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
bobpegram private msg quote post Address this user
In the headline just below the golf ball, currier should be spelled courier, unless your Dad works on leather.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Excellent catch! I will have to point that out to him.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@AlyssaYoung Site doesn't load.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Note to self, if you can't say anything nice don't ... haven't been asked to comment on website. ...

It's good when you hear conversations that reinforce what you have learned elsewhere.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@AlyssaYoung

What exactly is it about this site that your dad thinks is "articulated in a way that would maximize SEO"?

I only do this stuff for a living so perhaps I'm not best qualified to comment, but this site seems to me to be very poorly SEO'd. In fact, it's exactly the kind of site I like to take on as a project because there is so much that can be done.

In addition to SEO there are a number of issues with the site relating to visitor comfort and thus dwell time (or what Google refers to as "bounce rate".

@Steve - I did say one thing nice! ;o)

On the plus side, and more important than ever before, it is mobile friendly.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I think that if people search for services in the Naples area, they will easily find his site because of each sub-heading.

At least I think so...
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@AlyssaYoung

IF your dad's site is the only provider of those services in the area (not likely!) then you are probably right. However, whatever position this site holds in the SERPs for those sub-headings as keywords, I could add a new site and top them in 30 days or less.

Actually having the keywords on the site -- something a surprising number of people DON'T! -- is an important factor. But, while important (critical?), it is not good SEO in itself. There are many more factors required to sustain SERP position against competitors who will, at some point, seek to top your position. In that regard your dad's site is VERY thin.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@AlyssaYoung typo in the Navigation Bar - Conciere => Concierge.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
27512 9 9
destitute