BillBelew.com
Content MarketingHumor

What's in the Online Marketers Diet?577

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
This is (present tense) problem for me.

I went to the beach the other day and I noticed 3 people following me everywhere. I asked them, "Why?"

Well you cast such a big shadow and we enjoy the shade.

I went swimming in the ocean and suddenly I could hear people yelling, "Look! There's a whale about to be beached!"

I could never work for a company that gives free food and snacks. The company would not survive.

"Well, Belew ate our budget. We need to close the doors."

My wife told me to get in shape. I told her, "round is a shape." She didn't laugh.

How do you stay in shape?

What advice do you have for the guy/gal who does all their work on life to maintain a healthy diet?

I am all mouth, um, eyes, er, ears.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Please take care of your diet first. I learn from NuSkin is eat fruits first. Wait for half an hour then have dinner. Consume the food in order. Vegetables, proteins and last is the rice. Remember the amount of rice is according to a handful of of your hand. Hope this helps you because this helps me a lot.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@tienny

Thanks for that advice.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew You are welcome. NuSkin promotes Eat to Lose Weight. They promote to eat fruits as it is. Do not take fruit juices. When the fruits are pressed into juices, it increases the glucose level.

These helps me a lot to kill my temptation to drink fruit juices besides eating raw fruits.

You need to eat the vegetables in your fist size. Same for proteins. I know these seems a lot of things to digest. It takes me more than one month to adjust. Now, I am used to it.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
If you are an Internet marketer or other professional working at your keyboard for long hours:

1) switch out fast carb snacks for fresh veggies, pickles and olives.

2) switch to a stand-up desk. You'll not only actually burn more calories, you will feel better!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I like the stand-up desk option. But only if I had an office to go around it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew What do you mean by "an office to go around it"?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@tienny I don't have an office.

I work out of coffee shops and co-working spaces.

No regular place that is just mine.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew Do you mean you want the stand-up desk to be mobile?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@tienny

Working in the stand up position is a healthy way to work.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Get yourself a portable (folds flat) "desk" that sits on a counter, desk, or table, and adjusts to the right height. Use it almost anywhere.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Good idea. I'll carry it under my other arm... the one that is not carrying my computer bag or the one that is carrying my external monitor.

Not trying to be contrary here. I could find a standing position to work if I put my mind to it, no doubt.

Is that how you work?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Belew Yes. I do work in a stand up when I need it.

@Rev What is the portable (folds flat) "desk" do you use? Do you mind to let me see the a photo of your working desk? Because I like it to be precisely comfortable. Some are not comfortable.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@tienny

I don't have a photo to show you. My main stand up desk is made in accordance with instructions I got from a very good friend and mentor many years ago...

"If you want to have a great desk," he said, "go to your local lumber yard and get a door -- the cheap, flat, hollow-core, type and not one with grooves or inserts. It's best if it doesn't have the hole cut for the door handle but if it does, just put that to the back. You can put a vase of flowers in it.

"Then get two things," he continued. "Just about any things as long as they are big enough and the right height. It's also best if they are both the SAME height. Put your door across those things and you have your desk."

I followed his advice and I've been using that desk ever since. For the stand up desk I just found two taller things!

The portable one I got on Amazon -- have a look there. It doubles as a lectern when I am speaking at restaurant meeting rooms where they don't provide one. Stands nicely on a table.

For @Belew it would work well on the end of a lunch counter. It's not that heavy. Has it's own carrying case with handles. And if it's a place where you are using your flat screen as well, Bill, have the wife carry it -- you DO take her along for these sorts of things, don't you? -- or tip the waiter $5 to run out to your car and get it. I won't stoop to making any comment about the exercise value that second trip might hold for you!
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Rev Maybe I'll just place my pc on the hood of my car and work from there. I'll need a really long extension cord after a while.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@Belew Home Depot has those ones contractors use on the big reel. That's what I use. Get's you about a block and a half. Then you have to knock on a door and ask if you can use their outlet... ;o)
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Hey Bill... I think I found your car!

Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Rev That's it! I'll take it.

You drive it to Silicon Valley (not carry...drive) and I'll fly you home.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
The first piece of furniture I bought when arriving I San Jose was a stand up desk at Ikea. It is also a sit down desk too. I work a bit standing then a bit sitting. Find coffee shops that have a stand up counter. Many of them have them.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Lazy People Fact #5812672793
You were too lazy to read that number.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
@Steve ...that all you got? 5.8 billion? Sheesh!

There are in our galaxy, the Milky Way, give or take, 100 billion stars. It is estimated there are about 100 billion galaxies in the known universe. Recent discovery suggests it is more common than not for stars to have planes (plural!). That's a lot of planets. And there's a number worth reading!

@morrnel ...didn't think of stand up counters. Or those little stand up cocktail tables some coffee shops have. Nice.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
29622 21 21
destitute