BillBelew.com
Introduction

Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread6

Member mikew private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome! Please introduce yourself in this thread. Feel free to get creative, but if you need help overcoming writer's block use this template:

Name:

Interesting fact about yourself:

Hoping to get out of this forum:
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Name: Bill Belew

Interesting fact: Bill Belew is the same name and spelling of Elvis Presley's costume designer. That's not me. He died last year and a whole bunch of people came to my website and asked, "Bill, are you okay?"

Hoping to get out of this class: To meet like-minded authors and illustrators who really want to know how to make the most of their online platform AND help others do the same.

Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Name: Tienny The

Interesting fact about yourself: A curious heart and mind

Hoping to get out of this class: Hoping to learn from like-minded authors and illustrators to understand the creative process better
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@tienny

Somebody had to go first, and you're the one.

Welcome to the forum.

I am very much looking forward to meeting you and the others next week in Singapore.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member Mavika30 private msg quote post Address this user
Name: Rashmi Jolly Dalai (yes, I use the Jolly too. It was my maiden name and I keep it as a matter of feminist pride)

Interesting fact: I am of Indian descent, born and raised in America, and now an expat in Shanghai. Shanghai is the city in which I've lived the longest number of consecutive years!

I am so looking forward to meeting like-minded authors too, and learning from Bill!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@rashmijdalai Glad to see you here in the forum.

I have a LOT to cover next week. But I really want to cover is what will make the most difference the quickest.

Thanks for being here.

Bill
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member monsoon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello ...

My name is Phil; I'm the publisher at Monsoon Books in Singapore. Monsoon is an indie publisher of fiction and narrative nonfiction with Asian themes. We have published about 100 authors from around the world in print and ebook form.

I am hoping to learn more about the latest developments in social media marketing not only to boost Monsoon's publicity efforts but also to help Monsoon's authors with their own promotional activities.

An interesting fact: we recently 'borrowed' friends and family for a day to shoot Monsoon's first ebook series trailer. Check it out on YouTube and help spread the word!

Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Thank you
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@monsoon Phil,

Thanks for checking in. It's great to have you here and I look forward to meeting you at conference and seeing you in the workshop.

I have ideas that can help you and your authors.

I can't wait to share.

Bill
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member SarahMounsey private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,
My name is Sarah Mounsey and I am a children's author and publisher. I have self published three picture books in the Paw Prints series and have had a lot of fun and learnt a lot along the way.
So far I have started small, just focussing on selling in Singapore, but my next step is to promote and sell my books internationally. I am sure the master class will help me with that.
My interesting fact to share is that I was married on a boat on the Zambezi River in Zambia.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@SarahMounsey

Welcome Sarah!

Zambia! Interesting indeed.

I will be going to South Africa later this year to speak at another conference.

I look forward to meeting you at the masterclass or before.

Bill
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Member Mohanagill private msg quote post Address this user
My name is mocha a gill I want to ask how to get my books marketed my books the Hayley's series is intended to make children more interested in a healthy life style through eating more fruit and vegetables. The ultimate aim is to welcome a new genre action of healthy children globally. I want to introduce this through the books and perhaps through an animated series
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Mohanagill

Welcome to the forum.

What a great idea you have. We will dive into the how-to of marketing in the workshop.

I look forward to meeting you.

Bill
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Member mayath private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

My name is Maya Thiagarajan, and I live in Singapore. I teach high school English at the United World College (UWC), and I am writing a book for Asian parents on education and parenting.

I'm looking forward to meeting other authors, and I'm also very interested in learning about how to market my book!
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@mayath Glad to have you here in the forum, Maya.

I look forward to meeting you at AFCC and having you in class.

Bill Belew
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Member noraminahomar private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone!

I'm Aminah from Malaysia.

I am a preschool teacher turned entrepreneur and currently venturing into training and trading business in Malaysia through partnership in local companies.

I had my self published children's picture books with 2 titles and 1 series of Little Froggie's story.

Though,I was an engineer by training, I found my calling in teaching which later made me a business consultant and trainer.

Nonetheless, my passion in early childhood world has brought me to another journey of writing children picture books.

I am focusing on stories in building children's self esteem through stories.

Excited to meet all of you in class.

Cheers!

clickable text
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@noraminahomar

Aminah,

Thanks for checking in!

Have I see you at the NLB this week yet?

Please pull me aside. My talk on Author Branding is happening today and the masterclass is tomorrow. I look forward to meeting you face to face

Bill
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Member reena private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Reena Kandoth

Interesting fact about yourself: I love reading and think that writing is a way to explore creativity.

Hoping to get out of this class: Learn about the ways authors share about their books most effectively. I'm curious to learn about the process.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Member emilylim private msg quote post Address this user
I'm Emily Lim.

Interesting fact: I was using Botox for 8 years. I don't have a frozen face though cause it was for medical, not cosmetic reasons!

Takeaway: I like to learn the most efficient and cost-effective way to use social media to promote my books yet still have time to write.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@emilylim Thanks for checking in, Emily.

It's a real pleasure to meet you at AFCC.

I look forward to our class and providing as many answers as possible.

See you at AFCC.

Bill Belew
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Member nicolac private msg quote post Address this user
My name is Nicola Cheong, and I'm from Singapore.

Fun Fact: I like floral and pastel prints of most sorts.

Takeaway: I would like to transform my writing into a marketable and profitable (I hope!) enterprise, as well as learn the technical skills to go about doing so.
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@nicolac

Thanks for checking in, Nicola.

Is it morning yet?

I am looking forward to the class and answering as many questions as I can.

And what we don't have time for in class, I will address here in the forum in the future.

Bill
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Member alexchan private msg quote post Address this user
Name: Alex Chan

Interesting fact about yourself: A Serial Entrepreneur who decided to realise his dream of publishing a book. Done that. Time to bring this book series to the world.

Hoping to get out of this class: Take Project You (www.projectyoulife.com) to the global stage.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Member Eman private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everybody,
My name is Eman M. Sayed. I am Egyptian resident in UAE now for 6 years.I work at the UAE Board on Books for Young People (UAEBBY)as the programs and Award Executive.

Interesting fact about myself: I am a book worm and I read in all fields. however, in the bast 3 years I read only children books.

I would like to know the best way to promote my organisation and all our activities and events online as well as the Children literature in my region.

Regards,
Eman
Post 24 • IP   flag post
Member linnShekinah private msg quote post Address this user
Name: Linn Shekinah

Interesting fact about yourself: Children's Author; Multilingual children's book series - The Asian Spice Kids!

Hoping to get out of this class: Start a blog promoting children’s literature in SEAsia!
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Member ashvina private msg quote post Address this user
Name: Ashvina Marie Naidu

Interesting fact about yourself: I can't recognise myself in the mirror when I blow my hair straight. (And I doodle, and write, and I find labelling my curiosities disturbing). I believe Robin Williams is better than therapy, and have recently fallen irrevocably in love with New Zealand. I cook a mean nasi lemak, and would like to make Stephen Fry immortal. Have you ever been to Wales? The people there own my favourite accent in the world.

Hoping to get out of this class: I think everyone finds it difficult to promote themselves without sounding like an uppity, ungracious slice of devil-may-care. Perhaps that's just me. I'm pretty sure it is. (/grins) In my attempts to shy away from wallflower tendencies (pun intended), and because I'm multiplatform (tumblr, linkedin, aboutme, facebook, twitter, wordpress) and can barely keep up - here I am. Bringing it.

clickable text

P/S : Thank you, Bill!
Post 26 • IP   flag post
@alexchan

It was great to have you in class today.

I look forward to seeing your book come to life on the blog and to see a LOT of people interested.

Let me know if I can help.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Eman

Thanks for being in class today. You were a great student.

I look forward to meeting you again.

Let me know when/if there is a conference in your area. I have never been there before!

Bill
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@linnShekinah

You were a great student.

You have the energy and the ability to make this work.

Just need to put your head down and make it happen.

Thanks for being in class.

Bill
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@ashvina

I hope you can see now where best to spend your time and where best to NOT waste time.

Build your site and they will come.

Let me know if/when I can ever help.

Bill
Post 30 • IP   flag post
29723 499 30
destitute