BillBelew.com
FacebookSocial Media

Facebook as a marketing outreach tool600

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Now, I understand Facebook and know what to post to get more reach, etc... however apart from the odd advertising venture, and running a few contents I've never tried to use Facebook to bring people back to my website.

I'm now trying to figure this out now, to see if it is something I should be looking at incorporating...

Does anyone have any tips with reference to FB?

thanks
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Slowly, I've learned that if LinkedIn is your typical business networking event, then Facebook is the cocktail party -

..where people do chat about "what they do" but you don't want to be that guy that just talks about work!

Instead, the things that really get "Likes" are two types of content 1) pictures 2) videos

..and to be Like'able you need to be 1) upbeat 2) eye-catching

..to be share'able you need to make someone look good for sharing it

It can be funny, touching or somewhat inspiring.

I've seen business pages struggle. (The most recent being a poor guy trying to promote his "cheap divorce" business page.. hmm.. wonder which of above are being violated.. maybe ALL?!)

Instead I know one gal whose business page is thriving - why? It's not a "Love Me" - instead it's a "Freedom Hackers" group.

In other words it's built around a common interest - the people feel good about showing their interest in this common "WHY"..
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@jycmba thanks... I actually closed my company FB down a year or so back ... now I just use my personal page.

Today someone contacted my via LinkedIn, she runs a closed coaching type group for entrepreneurs and she has been posting my LinkedIn articles there for people to go through... today I got invited to join them, just to answer the odd question now and then...

This got me thinking, hence the question ... am I missing a segment of my market...

Today, I have installed a Facebook notification service, which means that for those people that sign up, every time I update my blog they get notified in Facebook, and clicking the link will load my blog within Facebook ...

I've never done this before, but I do generate a list of subscribers... (name, email address) ...

Next phase is looking at if I should actively post and how best to do it, at the moment I share the odd thing ... but have no real strategy ... and I am not sure I have the time to implement one.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Facebook is huge - there's a reason why marketers have been devoting their efforts and resources there.

Depending on your avatar and the offering, it's a great place to get measurable ROI for each dollar or cent spent.

Although my friend Sarah and I decided on choosing Instagram for our Udemy course, it's mostly because we wanted a blue ocean strategy.

Maybe that's a mastermind that a few of us can do together. This idea is inspired by a recent talk by Pat Flynn and Chris Ducker.

Post 4 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Facebook has such a poor engagement rate overall that i find it a poor strategy.

i am for building a presence on places where people have a mindset to do business, can search and find me.

you can make money get business when doing outbound whatever it the platform. But the time invested and the money in the bank doesn't add up.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Facebook. ... we don't do business with family and friends. Who is on Facebook?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Quick update ... I have got it working and a couple of people have subscribed already ... this means that as new blog posts are posted, these people will be notified within Facebook that I have new content that they can now load within Facebook...

@Belew understand your sentiments, i am just wanting to get more return readers, more audience touch points ... the way I am testing, doesn't involve posting anything to FB... but using it in a similar fashion to an email list.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Steve

what I have learned that works best on FB are Facebook groups. IF, you can heard your tribe into a group.

If anybody can figure it out it will be you.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member MichaelProcopio private msg quote post Address this user
@ Steve - this is an excerpt from a HubSpot doc. Some of it is duh, but there are some tips.

You see, our Facebook posts are the digital breadcrumbs that draw our audience down a trail toward a much more substantial piece of content they can download after filling out a form.

Aiming for “fluffier” goals like reach, awareness, buzz, customer satisfaction, and engagement (comments, likes, shares) are just as important as rigid lead gen or sales goals. They’re the stepping stones to what you really want: more business.

In fact, it’s vital to aim first to get your audience to interact with your posts. That’s why a balance of direct and indirect lead gen content is so important. Without eyeballs, you can’t get clicks, which means you can’t get traffic, leads, or customers!

Although our ultimate goal on Facebook is to generate leads that become customers, we have immediate engagement goals for each post we publish, and those goals vary. Sometimes we really want to encourage comments because we want feedback. Other times, we may strive to for a high volume of shares because we want a particular message to spread as far and wide as possible.

The point is, by striving for comments, likes, and shares, we garner more visibility in the Facebook News Feed, which ultimately increases our chances for click throughs (traffic) and conversions(generated leads). You need leads to get customers.

Here’s another little secret: No matter what we’re trying to communicate, we try to do it visually. If our social media manager doesn’t have a pre-made image to work with, she’ll spend the time creating one.

In a 30-day experiment, we found that the click through rate of posts containing photos is 128% higher than the CTR of posts containing videos or links.

Rarely do we ever publish a post without an image. In any given90 days, 77% of all posts we published contain a photo on average.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@MichaelProcopio - great points!

"Faith without works is dead," as the good book reminds us.

Similarly, "Likes" without heart is worthless.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member realmc private msg quote post Address this user
Steve,
Excellent tips!

I agree with the point you made below about the Facebook News Feed. It's made a difference in my traffic though conversions is a weak area for my community blog. Interesting note about the 128% photo click through rate!

I've been full-time at a day job since my blog began - not a great amount of comments of conversions. However, after a recent layoff, I have all the time I need now to work on blog traffic/comments/conversions.

Thanks for sharing these tips!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelProcopio
@ Steve -

The point is, by striving for comments, likes, and shares, we garner more visibility in the Facebook News Feed, which ultimately increases our chances for click throughs (traffic) and conversions(generated leads). You need leads to get customers.

Here’s another little secret: No matter what we’re trying to communicate, we try to do it visually. If our social media manager doesn’t have a pre-made image to work with, she’ll spend the time creating one.

In a 30-day experiment, we found that the click through rate of posts containing photos is 128% higher than the CTR of posts containing videos or links.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@realmc

Angie,

How are things going in the high desert?

Welcome to the world of full-time blogging.

What do you mean by conversions are weak from Facebook? Can you share numbers?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
28689 12 12
destitute