BillBelew.com
Content Marketing

Inbound Marketing Failures of Pro Agencies608

Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty active online, which means I come to the attention of companies like Hubspot, one of the largest players in the Inbound Marketing sphere...

The problem is, they employ sales reps and I am constantly in receipt of Inmails in LinkedIn, and the occasional phone call trying to get me to join their partner program.

Which is really amusing to me, a company that specializes in inbound, selling via outbound methods...
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I have thought the very same thing!

Companies that specialize in inbound marketing can often be found spending a lot of time on outbound techniques.

If they are really good at what they do for others...why not for themselves?

Good catch @Steve.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I think you have two separate activities: marketing and sales.

The inbound marketing is attracting interested candidates.
Sales takes over to close the deal. The Hubspot relationship is big bucks and warrants more human attention than, say an ebook.

I once read that Hubspot will contact you 8 times before they leave you alone.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
If inbound marketing is done right there is no need for a traditional sales close. The inbound person typically just says, "How much?" or "Where do I sign?" -- at least in my experience.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel what @Rev said...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Who would you consider a company/product doing it right?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder too.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
MichaelProcopio private msg quote post Address this user
@all
There are very few, I can only think of one, B2B companies that don't have outbound marketing and sales.

B2B is different in that it is typically buying by committee for high $$ sales. Inbound for them is to have people self identify that they have an interest in your product area.

Inbound sometimes does bring in companies to purchase without sales, we've had it happen - RFPs are a good example but there have been other cases. But it doesn't generate enough pipeline for most medium to big companies.

The one company I know of that does not do outbound is a very small company and they do a very good job at inbound. But if they double in size I don't think inbound only will do the trick.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
26903 8 8
destitute