BillBelew.com
BloggingContent Creation

Length of Time for Writing Blog Posts609

AlyssaYoung private msg quote post Address this user
How long does it take you to write 250 words for a blog? 800? More?

It takes me about 30 minutes to write 250 words and 45 minutes to write 800 words.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Same here. Everytime I have been calculating the number of words I have written in a post.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I typically write in the WordPress text editor, adding HTML formatting and SEO elements as I go. My posts are mostly in the 250 to 500 word range and take about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour. When possible I write two or more posts in the same sitting and schedule the extras ahead. Often topics for the additional posts come to me as I am writing the current one.

Tip: great source of ideas for posts -- SPAM/promo email!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Just timed myself, the article I wrote today is about 1400 words and took just over 90 minutes to write... I am off to play golf so I was more focused than I normally am and stopped myself getting distracted.

It also helped starting at 6:30 am ... so no phone calls.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Steve Do you type the keyboard to write or write on paper?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Paper? What's paper???
Post 6 • IP   flag post
AlyssaYoung private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev, don't you remember?

These days, I only use paper to write down ideas.

If I'm preparing for a big project, I just go straight to the computer.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny I know I shouldn't but when I write I try and write just once... this means I use a computer, either my main writing one which is a hybrid table, computer or my laptop ... by doing so, I can simply cut and paste as I still like to type in Word.

Paper, I only use for notes when I am in meetings and even then I like to use my smartphone to record them.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@AlyssaYoung - Oh, yeah... that smooth white stuff they still use for junk mail and advertising flyers. :o)

Like @Steve, I do almost all of my composing on the computer. For posts and pages I generally work right in the editor (almost always the text editor) and make heavy use of the preview link before publishing. For posts I pretty much work through from beginning to end with the odd final tweak as needed. I format with HTML as I go. It just takes 13 tags (my "Wiz's Baker's Dozen HTML Tags" and they become as second nature as "is" and "the".

When you get comfortable with it, and if you use WordPress SEO by Yoast, you will find you can average "green" on every post first pass. I sometimes have a little trouble with the Flesch score as I am inclined to ineptitude with monosyllabic phraseology, but I do try to work at it! ;o)

And in the vein of "For what it is worth!" I do keep a pen and ring bound note pad close at hand. It is of the "flat white stuff" type. At my age good thoughts can get lost with far too much ease. Oh my, this one gets a great Flesch score!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@Steve Even I use my hybrid table but it is lightbox table, which is also working table, also put laptop and drawing tablet.
I love paper. but now reducing it due to record with smart phone except for drawing.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
StellaT private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev I totally agree. I am fond of writing on paper before however, when I tried learning about wordpress and other blogging sites, I forgot how to write on papers already. I find it more convenient typing all of the words from my thoughts on a smartphone text editor or any blogging sites on the internet.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
26086 11 11
destitute