BillBelew.com
Content CreationContent Marketing

How Much of What I Know Should I Share?627

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I know a lot of things. It happens that way when you get old. You accumulate a lot of 'stuff.'

You also forget a lot. Not to worry. Most of the time you forget what it is you forgot.

In my Meetups I try to share generously.

I get asked, "Don't you worry that people will take all that you tell them and go off and work without you?

"No, I don't worry about that. My experience is that I can tell most people all I know and they still won't do it. They will hire me to help them. Or, if they do go off and do it without me, they weren't going to hire me anyway."

How much do you share? How do you decide?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been taught to share this at one time if I want someone to continue to gravitate toward me, but I think from a kingdom perspective, we are called to share a great amount.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@dzflower453

A 'great amount' = how much?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew - as much as your audience can handle!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Or as much as time will allow!

I only have one hour next week.

20 minutes to teach.
20 minutes for the attendees to do.
20 minutes of Q n A.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I feel that it is good to share ideas.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I share everything, I used to hold back but the last year or two I have shared everything ... it actually gives you a sense of freedom knowing you can share what you know freely and being safe in the knowledge that almost no one is going to do what you do ... and those that do, well they don't have my style... they also probably sleep more than me, so they won't have enough hours in the day to do what I do ...
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
1) As you get old you don't actually forget, you just have trouble with recall!

2) Give generously, everything you have, without expectation of return, and you will receive more than you can ever use!

3) There are people who will just take, who neither give nor want to pay, but when you have received more than you could ever use, why would you ever care?

2ยข ...it adds up!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
My adopted Thai mom would joke that she was taking her recipes to her grave -

She's not the only one with that mentality.

To me knowledge in one person is only worth 1 "unit"..

Share it's worth at least 2, 3..

Used and benefiting the world - infinite??
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
When I share this advice about sharing everything you know with everyone, many of my clients go but what about our competitors ... we cannot share everything, prices and everything ...

I always answer, they already know everything about you, it's your audience that doesn't.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
When I share about my problem solving the app creation software, my ex-client misunderstood it as sharing the trade secrets and rebuke me. The irony part is he keeps on encouraging me to share.

Strange huh?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
28670 11 11
destitute