BillBelew.com
BloggingContent Creation

When and how to re-purpose content655

Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Been one of those days, this mornings blog post that I started writing at 4am took around four hours to complete, just a lack of motivation.

This evening I pushed another blog post out in just under an hour, I then decided to get an infographic produced as the content seemed to be a perfect fit.

Now, my question in the past i have always pushed the article and infographic out together ... one for the seo and one because people like them ... is this the right way to push this content out, or should I split it into two posts ... one the article and one the infographic?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve, because I don't know the effects, it could be interesting to see how it affects the results. And if possible, see which parts of your audience are drawn more to the article and which parts to the infographic.

However ...
* That needs to be done more than once to get enough statistics to evaluate the results
* Is that experiment worth the risk?
* Is there an option to try that experiment on other, "secondary" sites?

...and then there's the option of answers/suggestions from those who are more experienced and more certain, as well as your professional gut feeling.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve It depends on you. I quite like both the article and infographic together.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I almost always opt for volume. The more posts the better as long as the post has stand alone value.

Of course, we don't just do stuff for stuff's sake.

That being said, if you have a huge and immediate following of people who are waiting for you ... go for all in one.

If not, go for volume with substance.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
There are literally a dozen ways to repurpose content.

A blog can become a video can become a lecture can become a webinar can become an infographic can become a ...

What else can you do with a good piece of content/idea?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
24991 5 5
destitute