BillBelew.com
Business Advice

When to Expand the Services You Offer657

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
When or how do you decide to expand the services you offer?

How do you keep from getting off of your core business?

I have learned something very valuable and my friend says I should add it to what I offer. But I am reluctant.

How do you decide?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
It always back to ROI - what's the maximum return (financial or otherwise - sometimes goodwill or future growth is less tangible and harder to gauge..) for the minimum investment of time, money, effort. (some tasks require re-tooling either your skills, setup, staffing..)

Your "core" is a moving target. At one point I focused on selling homes then businesses but I realized that those experiences was about me learning the importance of selling myself, i.e. "why should a client / customer work with John, Inc." vs. Tom, Dick or Harry.

Now my core is more focused on education for creative entrepreneurs, but it's still more or less about marketing myself.

There's lots of models, of course, for sharing our knowledge and many ways that may or may not play on our strengths / passions. I enjoy the process of writing and speaking but I'm not keen on coding or technical aspects of film making, even though I love understanding the process for each. Choosing which way goes back to the first point of ROI.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

I have found you can make money doing anything if you spend the time, money and effort to do so.

See you in a few hours.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Steve... I actually started this thread BEFORE we started our exchange in the private inmail.

I look forward to exploring that conversation with you here and there.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Thanks for starting this.

@jycmba Is the script the main core of animation?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny if by script you mean storytelling - yes!

Someone was just saying 92% of stats in presentations are forgotten; meanwhile 96% of stories are remembered.

So, it really doesn't matter if it's animation, marketing, or being social. People connect thru stories. It's the most direct path from storyteller to the heart of your audience.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jycmba Stories are most definitely where it's at.

And surprisingly as a bonus, people who remember your stories remember the facts you use to emphasize your story.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
The Chinese say that if you put your feet in 2 boats you will end up in the river.

Do one thing right before doing another.

5000 years of wisdom ought to be heeded, eh?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29614 8 8
destitute