BillBelew.com
Belew Speaks

Great job at Internet Prophets Live Bill!664

karenyank private msg quote post Address this user
While I have to take SOME issue at your anti-social media position (The number one source of traffic to my website after direct is Twitter, organic is #3.)

I'm a huge fan of blogging and I'd love for you and other IPL15 attendees to check out my blog posts! This week I talk about finding what to post about on social media. Click on the link below to read this weeks post!

clickable text
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Karen, fancy seeing you here... (nice surprise)
I've been slowly converting him ..
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Steve, Bill just killed it at Internet Prophets Live 2015. I'm excited to be here!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Awesome... now I wish even more I was there, even more.

Wonder who is going to write the first blog post about what Bill talked about ...
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Ha! Is that a challenge?

I'm actually thinking about taking what he talked about and using the techniques on LinkedIn long form posting. I got about a minute to speak with him about it but want more. So Bill, chime in, confirm, we can totally just repurpose, word for word, picture for picture, the same content from our blog to LinkedIn longform posts with no Google dings? I'd love to understand how that works!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Long form publishing on LinkedIn ... do tell me all about it? ... what was Bill saying ...

Wish I had been there ...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
He was saying no Google ding, you can repurpose word for word your blogs as long form linkedin posts.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
That's true enough ...

arhhh the post to your blog first, leave it a short while then repurpose on LinkedIn ... Google indexes both sites so you get two bites at the cherry. I talk about exactly the same but then I also throw Twitter into the mix ... as that drives traffic to websites but also connections to LinkedIn ...

Duplicate content is more to do with article type directories, and having your content shown loads of times...

Just my opinion of course.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
This thread got started while I was at the airport. My flight is now 3 hours delayed.

I should have stayed at the hotel longer.

What @Steve said abt publishing on your host site then LI.

@Steve is killing Twitter visits to his site.

I will still bet on content. My bet @karenyank is that you don't have enough blog content on your site to see how it can do.

How many posts do you have? How long have you been publishing?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
BTW. Very kind words Karen.... considering all the tech problems. I felt abandoned up there.

made do with the best I could.

Tell me more about what you do.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I'm sure that's true Bill, I was kind of thinking one blog post per week was pretty good! I guess I need to up my game.

I've been posting consistently for about 18 mos, every week. Plus a bunch of inconsistent ones before that, so I would guess maybe 80-90 posts?

I do repurpose it on LinkedIn, usually about a month after it posts on my blog.

I like the blog as a positioning vehicle. I wonder if more frequent posts will just water down the message? Thoughts?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
It need not water down the message at all. It will help expand the message

The data supports a minimum of 400 posts... then at least every other day to start seeing good results.

And think how much more you will be able to put at LI.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
OK so you mentioned yesterday you have a technique for coming up with topics?

I'd love to hear it. I get help with my blogposts,copy, creating the image, etc, so there would be a cost associated with this for me. Worth it I'm sure, but maybe I'll try to increase to 2 per week first.

Or maybe I'll do some kind of series, a video of social media tips or something, and I can transcribe to get the copy on it. Hmmmm.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@karenyank I am off to a meeting.

I will come back to this topic when I get back to my desk.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Soooo back to this topic.

I'm taking what you said to heart Bill, and increasing the # of blog posts per week. Right now I do one per week and I'm adding a second, a youtube video series I'm pulling together. I'll transcribe the video (usually around 2-3 minutes so it should be right on target) and also create a weekly blog post about it.

SO - what do you think about accepting guest blogs as a third post per week? I have no shortage of people who might write a guest post for me. Think it's a valuable way to add a 3rd post in each week?
Post 15 • IP   flag post
@karenyank

Guest posts! Absolutely. UGC = user generated content is golden as long as it is relevant and on topic. No shady outgoing links.

I am envious. Where do you find all these fans?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
LOL. I'm all over the place. I can talk the talk, lets see if I can walk the walk! I know I can go a few months at least with weekly guest posts by tapping my networks. It might dry up for sure, we'll see! I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks for the encouragement. (anyone here want to write a guest post for me? Topic: assorted social media, marketing, how conversations can turn into sales.)
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@karenyank

Good for you and the following.

People following me usually are carrying rocks and running towards me. 8-)
Post 18 • IP   flag post
26029 18 18
destitute