BillBelew.com
BloggingBusiness AdviceInfographics

Business Blogging Success by the Numbers666

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
My first attempt at an infographic.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Awesome ... although you know I have a longer word count ... really like the infographic.

Oh and in January I posted twice a day for the whole month, with my word count that upset the wife as all I was doing was writing or working on something else... When I stopped in February it was as if I wasn't writing, one a day was so easy ...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Steve

It's like doing 2/day workouts. When you back off ... it gets really easy to do what you should have been doing anyway.

Hats off to @StellaT, my VA. I provided the content, she did the work.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

My number for words in a post is 300+. Different professionals offer various numbers. 200-250 is good.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Rev @Steve

A post should be long enough to answer the query.

A 200-word answer to an 800-word question is too short.

An 800-word answer to a question that I can answer in 200 words is too long.

When was the last time you got an answer to a search query in an article beyond the 200th word?

If you are writing articles longer than 250 words, you are doing it for a reason other than appealing to search engines.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew yep... Spot on, I don't write for search engines... I write for authority ... we've had this discussion many times... I agree that an article needs to be just long enough to answer a question ... to me that is 400 plus words and upwards.

Although I do mix it up, 400 is about my minimum but some go into the thousands of words.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Perhaps you should be writing books. Or do you?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Rev I want to write a book, have even stated it openly... I just never have enough time ... and I know that unless I move it up the list of priorities it will never get completed.

Writing a book is a sore point with me, and will be until I have completed the task
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Where can I look at your blog? Then let's talk about your book:

therev@ourhutch.com
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Talk is fine, I am time poor and that is the issue, others here have suggest collating blog posts, getting help writing it ... but this is something i need to do on my own, it's what I want to do ... if that makes sense and I need to write it from scratch.

I am slowly getting there ...
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Here's what I did.

I wrote a series of posts and published them. Think of them as rough drafts for chapters in a book to come.

I then asked my VA to download the entire series and put them in one document.

I then went back through the posts, in order, cleaned them up, added continuity, and intro and an outro and Voila' an eBook is born.

Don't overthink it.

Don't write your best book the first time. You can't.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I know I need one, I keep getting asked for one ... I will give it more thought and try to move it up the list of things to do ...

Just crazy here at the moment ... I could spend less time here, but I learn here ... I could write less blogs, no can't do that ... attend less meetings ... nope ... do less paying work... can't do that ... only thing I could do is play less golf ... in fact i am not playing this week, so I will take Thursday and spend it on this book. Working out what exactly I need to do...

Don't over think it.... that is my issue, I know I am, a blog post I just write ... a book I go wow ... and those brain cells kick in and put the barriers up.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Whatever is best for you is... well... best!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
What @Rev said ...
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@Steve Or you could hire a VA to do the grunt work and you do the rest.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Or get a publisher / "producer" who can coordinate efforts and execute your vision..

..many roads to Mecca..
Post 16 • IP   flag post
I think my problem is that I am not sure which mecca I am heading towards any longer, it's slowly becoming clearer and once it is, I will leap forward ... the marketplace seems to be pulling me in one direction and I am resisting it seems at times, instead of just going with it.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Steve

It's a tactic of the devil ... if he cannot stop you from doing good, he will give you so much good to do that the end result is you don't do anything right.

1. What are you good at? ... what are you best at?
2. What do you really like to do? What do you really want to do?
3. What do your customers want most that you can provide by doing the above 2.
4. What pays the bills?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Don't follow your passion. Lead it!
Post 19 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew Thanks a lot for the pictures.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
26125 20 20
destitute