BillBelew.com
InfographicsMarketing Automation

Is Quality Lost in Marketing Automation?673

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Can we maintain quality interaction with prospects and leads if our focus is on automating the process?

Is this a case where quality is lost because of quantity.

Infographic

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Quality doesn't necessarily need to be lots, however some personalization likely is. You can deliver quality automated content, such as a daily reminder, a morning prayer, a daily quote, a weekly newsletter, etc., while making a personal call to each client monthly.

The automation allows you to contact more clients personally. The key, I suspect, is in ensuring the automated content maintains your desired level of quality. Nothing like receiving purportedly personal email addressed to @firstname@ !!!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
The numbers in the infographic that strike me as indicative of a problem are the 451% increase in leads --QUALIFIED leads, it says! -- resulting in ONLY 14.5% increase in sales productivity.

Hmmm...
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Sales can't keep up? Or the leads aren't the quality think they are.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
My fingers aren't working today. I'm keeping them crossed and they don't type too well that way. The word in my first post is "lost" not "lots". Blah.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Hopefully the former. But more likely the latter.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I saw then 451% increase in qualified leads. Was that a 451% increase in sales too?

Include the 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead, still far from 451%. They should have left the 451% off. It would have been more credible.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Does anyone remember Harvey MacKay? Here is an article from inc.com about the importance of knowing who your customer is: 66 Things You Should Know About Your Customer

Knowing your customer doesn't just mean knowing their company's goals. It means really knowing who they are, one human being to another.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
That blog post is a good example of what not to do. Ads in the middle of the post content. Videos that are not about the post but look like they might be. Blah!

But the link to Harvey MacKay's page and PDF was worth the rest. Thanks for sharing!
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Funnily enough I was looking at a website earlier and in reference to sales automation it had this comment.

"Live sales person at the end of every client email and phone enquiry"
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev, glad you didn't give up before finding the link. I was a bit difficult to find.

I had read somewhere a long time ago in a place far away, the first sale is much easier than the second. The quote @Steve references cements the second, third...

My biggest gripe leaving the register in Target is the the checkout clerk and manager having no idea the importance of the phrase, "Thank You". Just as important as a phone call or email.

This attitude probably goes all the way up the chain. A Chinese saying, "A fish rots from the head."
Post 11 • IP   flag post

Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Steve

love it.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Here is one that goes on my website on Friday... Sales related.

Post 14 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
28295 15 15
destitute