BillBelew.com
Facebook

Blog on Facebook or Main site First?706

slaqjaw private msg quote post Address this user
Should a blog originate on a Facebook page or originate from my main site and be echoed on the Facebook page?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@slaqjaw

Hey Jim! Glad to have you here.

But the blog post on your home/main site.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Then do a post mentioning it on FB with a link to it?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Do the post on your host site.

Grab the link and drop it in your Facebook page and add a short comment as to why you placed it there.

A lot depends on where your audience is. For you Facebook might be worth the marketing effort. For me, it's not.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
With some of the ads I've started on FB, I want to build credibility on the business page I created, so was considering adding a blogging aspect to it. If I can get them to click a link to my main site, all the better.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
When you have people over there and trying to get them to come over here ... the CTR (click thru rate), especially on FB is pathetic.

It's best to go for organic search via the main search engines and have people land on the home page from the get go. No CTR. You can add a CTA (Call to action) right there, right then.

Also, when you buy ads ... the money disappears as does your ad.

If you invest in putting more quality stuff on your site, it will always work for you ... no disappearing in the feed, or popping up once then being gone.

I will NEVER buy ads ... ever ... on any platform.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Ah, but where I'm hurting is getting listings, i.e. sellers. I can pull a ton of buyer leads, but am working on the other side of the real estate coin.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Example, Google, "homes for sale oak hills school district" and see where southernohiomls.com ranks above Sibcy Cline, RE/MAX, etc. No problems ranking for buyers, there just isn't much of a call for SEO when it comes to home sellers.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Don't move to the Bay Area... getting listings is far tougher.

Write about the benefits of listing on your site.

Write about how people who list with you can get better results than listing elsewhere.

People search for the best agent to list with.

They should be finding you.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
The formula for good storytelling ...

Demographic ... break down the kinds of listings / listers you are going after.

Desire ... what do these people want ... less cut to the agent, more pics, greater exposure

Obstacle ... what prevents them from choosing one listing agent as opposed to another ... why not FSBO?

Solution ... how can you be the hero for them that nobody else can.

Result ... when they list with you what are the tangible results that they will see differently because they did?

Location ... where can you do this?

Testimonial ... who have you done this for in the past?

Rinse and repeat until the phone rings. It will ring.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Listers want buyers. If they know you are number one in buyer search...why wouldn't they list with you?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
"Rinse and repeat", really, with my hair line?! I'm going to start working on that and see what kind of results pop through Google analytics. Also, great idea about promoting about the general buyer search. Can even give them the exact words to Google to prove it to themselves..... Hmmmmm..... <smoke emanating from ears>
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Keep me posted.

The hard part is to keep at it till it works.

Rule of thumb - it is cheaper, easier and more time efficient for people to find you than for you to find them.

2nd Rule of thumb - when people come looking for you they are better leads than when you went looking for them.

It works. The data will support this.

Glad to have you in the forum.

Don't be a stranger.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Will keep you posted on progress. Will map this out and send you links as things come together. Danka.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Lately, I've been getting a better "big picture" of how blogging, Facebook & even Instagram fit into my overall strategy.

If Facebook is this big cocktail event, then Instagram is having your own dinner party.

Eventually though, you want your very best guests over your house for dinner.

Think of blogging as inviting your closest friends over to your home.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew What is FSBO?
Post 16 • IP   flag post
For sale by owner.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
The challenge with Facebook and any other social media is that you give up ownership of the articles you write. This forum is an example.

If Bill decides that a change in the title would work better, he gets to change it. If we go away, Bill gets to do whatever he wants with it.

Even if we delete our Facebook page, the data doesn't necessarily get deleted?

So, if you want to retain ownership of your article, put it on a website you control.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I go for minimum changes to the titles so that they might have better search engine find ability. I don't fiddle with the content.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel - Depends on your goals - mine are freedom and passion.

I don't need to own a house if I don't want to deal with a mortgage.

Some of the world's biggest fortunes are made by borrowed - Trump has never used his own money, which is why it's gotten him into trouble, of course.

But the point is that (at the risk of getting a little esoteric) ownership and control like many things are illusions.

I have no control over what @Belew or anybody does with my words here or anywhere else. There are plenty of stories on how the media twists words. (here I won't mention this gal who turned various personal emails into "evidence" against me..)

All I can do is to continue #DoGoodStuff - the rest is out of our control anyway.
Post 20 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
My savings are depleting a lot
Post 21 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
@belew, @jycmba, points well taken.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
26901 22 22
destitute