BillBelew.com
Business AdviceFacebookPaid Search

Where to Find a Facebook Expert713

morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Very important lesson. Networking.
Hebrews 13:2. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Identifying my target.
1. Seniors about to signup for Medicare. Initial signup age is 64-3/4 years. So need to educate them prior to that age
2. Their spouses/care givers. Not an easy target.
3. Agents. Based upon conversations and articles I've read, there are way too many agent who have no clue about how to really sell the right Medicare plan. How can this tool can help agents better assist. This target makes it easier to monetize the site.

Monetizing first two items have been a struggle for me. Making money on the commission is the most straight forward. However, there are very specific rules related to selling Medicare.

For those interested in taking a peek, http://medicarefivestars.com
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Belew, I am happy to share my ride with all. Perhaps you want to move these couple of posts to a separate thread and will add from there.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel - "there are many roads to Rome.."

Have you read "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho? I often recommend this to entrepreneurs as required reading.

No, you're not going to find how to set up a landing page or build your email list..

But you are going to get a meditation on how you start off on your entrepreneur's journey seeking treasure on one route, go where you think you're off-track, and often end up finding yourself and ultimately your goal where you least expect.

For example, it may seem like the path to take is the traditional "get traffic with lead magnet, sell insurance & receive commission.." -

Maybe you end up creating a site where other providers can get leads that you can't service..

..or maybe you teach providers how to communicate their value to seniors..

On and on..

Again, the key is to get more & more clear who your ideal audience IS, not who you think they are.

It may just surprise that it's not even seniors themselves..
Post 29 • IP   flag post
@jycmba, Thanks. I have already been taken in directions not planned.

This has been a fascinating experience. As I share with more people, new ideas pop out or variations I did not even think of.

If is a simple fact that I will not be able to service all the leads. It would take about 3,000 certifications nationwide. Won't happen in my lifetime.

The idea of agents buying into the use of the site as alternative is quite appealing.

What ever the path, the seniors will be the beneficiaries.
Post 30 • IP   flag post

jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel - y, definitely sounds like you've got your work cut out for you. So I'm going to freak the Elephant out any more than is needed.

Over the years I've observed plenty of these fragmented markets - tango, background acting, mystery shopping - where there are plenty of folks making a decent living by simply finding a model that leverages their strengths.

As I often say, you just need one customer & one offer that you can replicate to be in business. Tweaking / adjusting your model is not only allowed, it's required.

In a sea of market noise carefully listening to those you serve will be your competitive advantage - no one else will have had the conversations you had.

As Derek Sivers says in that video I reference on my own tango entrepreneur's journey, people often undervalue that first follower, aka customer.

While your ideal customer may change over time, the deeper you understand them - the more clear who you're actually helping, which may / may not be seniors.
Post 31 • IP   flag post
@jycmba, All your points are well taken and I totally agree with what you say.

Kind of like being a farrier or a horseshoer. It takes commitment to hone in on the true customer.
Post 32 • IP   flag post
dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Steve, the secret sauce for FB's success is Targeting and re-Targeting. There is a wealth of data on the demographics & interest available to companies who want to target specific kind of customers that Google can't touch.

The other benefit for FB ads are that they are reliant on browser cookies like Google Ads are. With Google, your ad get served to the SAME person on his Macbook, PC desktop and Mobile Device and he was not interested in your product to start with.

And if that was not enough, people are spending an average of 4 hours on FB. And the number of eyeballs available which is around 1B per month.

For example, in a 2 weeks, I targeted folks in Silicon Valley within 30 mile radius of my daughter's high school to promote her School play! But I targeted folks who like "theater", "muscial performance", "acting", "performace art",....etc. And I only used $5 per day which is yet another benefit to FB ads.

Her show sold more tickets than they have ever done in their entire school history.
Post 33 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz

Thanks for your insight here.

Were you able to directly link the sale of tix to your daughters show to your Facebook campaign?

Do you know of other local businesses who are actively making Facebook work?

My experience is that the only people making money on FB are those teaching others how to do make money on Facebook.

I know there are success stories... but I haven't met any of them yet.

Can you introduce me to some?
Post 34 • IP   flag post
Bill,

I was not selling tickets off the FB site. The high school gave me admin privis to their FB page and I developed the campaign to promte the page which is one of the advertising options. They are the one's who reported the ticket sales and they only thing different they were doing this year was my FB adveritising of $5 per day.

Even for my wife's real estate site, we get about 2k-2500 unique impressions and around 20 clicks to the website every 48 hours. That's with $10 spend (5 dollars per day). Conversion however, is another story but this has a lot to do with our Landing Page than the effectiveness of FB ads.

You can see some success stories here:

https://www.facebook.com/business/success/
Post 35 • IP   flag post
@dmortaz

Hey, thanks for sharing the success story links.

totally worth looking into.
Post 36 • IP   flag post
@dmortaz

These success stories are not very helpful.

Percentages up or down in relation to what?

But thanks for sharing!
Post 37 • IP   flag post
Bill, what did you expect? FB is not going to disclose the client's revenue increase.
Post 38 • IP   flag post
@dmortaz

I get that ... but I hoped for something more tangible.

Percentages don't tell a story.

If I had 5 visitors and then got 10... that's a 100% increase. But if I paid $1000 for it, was it worth it? I don't know.
Post 39 • IP   flag post
You might have to test it out yourself if you want imprical data.

My conclusion is that FB advertising is a must for any new B2C business even for the sheer purpose of branding the company. Add to that some In-bound Marketing juice (SEO tuned unique content) and serious conversion strategy; then the odds of success are much higher.
Post 40 • IP   flag post
@dmortaz

I understand your loyalty to Facebook.

You can't 'eat' branding. Getting people in the door is the priority for new businesses.

Building loyal customers who will, in turn, spread the word should be the priority, IMHO.
Post 41 • IP   flag post
@dmortaz

When can you be available to give some tips on using Facebook?

My son has a concert coming up. I'd like to see what damage can be done to get people to attend much the same way you did for your daughter's event.
Post 42 • IP   flag post
This is a topic many of us can learn from. I am interested in attracting seniors to Medicare meetings and believe Facebook is the place to be.
Post 43 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

Dave says he plans to meet at the Meetup this evening. Maybe meet him there?
Post 44 • IP   flag post
That works.
Post 45 • IP   flag post
24991 45 20
destitute