BillBelew.com
Content CreationContent Marketing

Why Buyer personas don't work724

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
"Why Buyer Personas Don't Work"

I'll be writing this article over the weekend, if you have any comments please feel free to share them ... but my main question is, do you have main articles you work on and then more generic type ones ... and if so what major one are you working on now?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
What I'm starting to find is that I need to create a priority list of the different ideas that come up..

If anyone has a good technique / tool combo, I'd love to share that!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I am creating two types of articles. News and Information, then Learning Articles. The Learning Articles will become teasers for becoming a member (free, then paid).
But they are all for one persona at this time.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
WorkFlowy - http://workflowy.com - is a great little tool for brainstorming ideas and keeping the results handy. Kind of a mind map with storage space.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
It's an interesting tool - although I got some sense of the mechanics, I'm afraid it may go to the wayside like Trello or used as infrequently as Asana.

But I'll play around with it some more and see if it grows on me.

Thanks for sharing @Rev!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Once again, weird timing.. just got this "Buyer Persona" template - https://goo.gl/lYdgdL (no opt-in needed.. until at least before Hubspot gets on to me!)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I have done the buyer persona from my course. Glad to do it earlier.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba This is a useful tool.

It surprises me that I am still surprised at to what extent people are trying to 'engineer' the whole being personal thing.

Aren't automation and being personal opposites/
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew - some of the opportunities in life come from contradictions.. like "military intelligence" or "jumbo shrimp"..

In marketing your best headlines may come from situations like "how to look like a million bucks without spending a dime."

Therein lies the rub.. how do you automate and therefore scale the personal touch? The top retailers have been searching for ages. That's why Amazon acquired Zappos.

Of course, as they found out, the personal touch of customer service still very human centric.

But Bezos is smart enough to realize the need to inject some of the Zappos DNA & learn from how they have been able to scale some of it.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Personalized Automation?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
I just finished an article for an online Christian Journal. The article may end up in print as well. Don't know.

It was 1500 words and the target was the church and how it should take advantage of content marketing to compete with the self help industry.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
On a friend's FB post I was sharing how working with the Scientologists (regardless of personal opinions) has shown that they have a MASSIVE content marketing engine.

The old Dianetics commercial is just the tip of that proverbial iceberg. Their in-house training stuff makes your typical corporate video look like something your kids shot.

These folks have the bucks and know how to spend it!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29720 12 12
destitute