BillBelew.com
Content MarketingLanding PageSEOSqueeze Page

Any experience with landing page services?729

Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
So far, I have found Instapage, LeadPages, Click Funnels. Anyone have experience with these or similar for creating landing pages?
Do they add value to the process?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member nicosuccess private msg quote post Address this user
I use Instapages personally. Its well priced and very easy to set up. The opt in rate of my current is about the same as using a plain aweber hosted opt in for me (+- 60%), but with a proper landing page my business looks more professional. Im sure it will build more credibility down the line.

Im new to Leadpages and use it for a client of mine. A bit more difficult for a first timer but looks like you can do a lot more with the product compared to Instapages. Its also a little more expensive.

Hope this helped.
Nico
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Does it mean I need a leadpage for my upcoming book?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
When using third-party landing page services, don't get caught in the "the technology made me do it" trap. I often hear, "the technology won't let me..." or "I only do it that way because of the technology..." Generally, if you can think it, technology can support it. If your technology provider doesn't, or won't, offer what you need/want, get another provider!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Try this ...

http://www.optimizepress.com/

Its about the best landing page plugin...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone.
OptimizePress... I purchased it when it first came out. Didn't use it. Can anyone relate? Will go back and look at it.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

If you purchased when it first came out you likely purchased the theme. It is now in two flavors: theme and plugin. The plugin allows the addition of many of the better features of OP to almost any other theme.

For what it matters, I've never been impressed by OP. It seemed like a lot of baggage, and a pretty steep price, to do what you can really do with vanilla WordPress and a couple of free plugins.

If you are going to go that route, take a look at Profits Theme. I think it is a better structure than OP and delivers more for your investment.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Never went to the trouble of creating a landing page.

Each post/page you create should act as its own landing page with its own CTA, no?

What am I missing?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Missing? Nothing.

There is, however, a marketing philosophy that recommends landing pages have only one options: enter the funnel. They advocate no regular site banner, no menu or other navigation and, with the exception of legally required disclaimer pages, no other links. Your only option to leave the page, they say, is to fill out the form and submit your entry.

Of course, that begs the question, "What about the browser back button?"

I disagree with this philosophy. I've always been of the "something or something" group, rather than the "something or nothing" bunch. I like to give my prospects choice, even if it is just clicking to another blog post. When you treat them right they tend to hang around a bit and even come back. It has worked well for me.

As a result I build my own landing pages on standard full-width WordPress pages, complete with header and menu -- much like your blog posts, though for actual landing pages I remove the sidebar -- no need for too many distractions -- and replace it with the optin form or other relevant content.

When you are selling fizzy colored water you need to promote the heck out of it in order to sell more than the other guy selling the same stuff with a different label. When you are seeking intelligent people to work with, not so much. Respect their intelligence and allow them to decide.

Your mileage may vary.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member 9millionairess private msg quote post Address this user
I have created a website that will work as a landing page.

Post 10 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone
Post 11 • IP   flag post
29720 11 11
destitute