BillBelew.com
Content MarketingOld School

Content Marketing Offline in Print Magazines731

Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I have been approached by a Middle East Business Magazine who want to translate some of my articles and publish them in their magazine, along with a picture of me and a short bio ...

Now is this good repurposing or not... ?

It isn't going to take any time on my side as all I have to do is say yes, go for it and they will take what they want ... or I can keep control and pass over articles I think would interest them.

Not sure quite were my win is, other than it exposes me to a new market and raises my profile (ego) ...
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Do it. It's a no-brainer.

Whenever anyone offers to use you and give you credit for it and it doesn't cost you, do it.

One of the best things that can happen to you is someone 'steals' your best stuff and popularizes it all over (insert country or countries).

Better than that is when they give you credit for it.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed! There's no down side to this and who knows where the exposure can lead. Just one more inch of reach.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve - lol, the only downside would be needing to go to Dubai in summer for some conference.

If you want to know what the lobby for the devil's resort feels like.. wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies! well, maybe a few..

Still oil money is flowing pretty good from what I hear - in spite of Priuses and Elon Musk.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member mcc private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! That's wonderful, Steve!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member PatS private msg quote post Address this user
How exciting. Foreign markets have been my best sources of income. And international exposure never hurts -- unless you say something that will get you killed...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Sounds as if I should do it, I've just got the distribution, print run figures and its mind blowing...
thanks everyone for your input.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Content Marketing budgets in the Middle East are going up!

And they'll be looking for experts like you.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
I worked in the Middle East in the mid-nineties when I worked in the super construction industry ... looks like it wants me back ...

The secret I guess is to turn free publicity into opportunity.

To put this opportunity into perspective I asked for distribution figures... the magazine is published and distributed all over the Middle East, it's found in Hotels, Businesses, in Airports, etc... they print two million copies and have told me a readership figure of 20 million ...

These are mind numbing... however it does demonstrate what content marketing can do, work your plan, stick to your schedule and opportunities just present themselves.

I will need to ensure my Bio is the best it can be, expect me to come back here, asking for honest feedback.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
We're rooting for you.

Don't forget us little people. 87-)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Steve It'll be interesting to see the traffic spikes when different articles hit the stands. Plus, I wonder what the online behavior is like over there vs. say, China.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@jycmba It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out ... I have just accepted there offer ...

I just love the validation that this and other things are giving that prove that content marketing works... it's impossible for anyone to say it doesn't work when opportunities like this are presenting themselves ...
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Absolutely - once you had your system down, it was a matter of time.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
29627 13 13
destitute