BillBelew.com
BloggingPost Length

When is it a Good Idea to Split Posts?736

Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
Have you ever had a situation where you wanted to split a post because of the sheer quantity of stuff to talk about, but you felt that would fragment the storyline.
Basically, storyline is water conservation is an increasing need, but there are few investments. However, here are the investments that are available that our financial advisor can get you connected to if you are interested.

I am trying to maximize my content thoroughness and SEO effectiveness.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
I think the best time is when you sense losing the reader - I know that my attention starts wandering once I scroll up a bit.

By the 2nd or 3rd scroll I'm ready to read something else - unless, of course, the post really engages me. Sometimes that can be in the form of a graphic or video.

Definitely split if there's enough content for the above - that way you're "repackaging" as @Ileane quoted Ann Smarty.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453

Every post should answer one question, make one point.

When you make a point, split.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Multiple posts -- one per point/topic/keyword -- are better for SEO anyway.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Could you please show me an example where you split the posts?
Thanks.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
If I do 2 or 3 posts on the same topic, do you recommend staggering them with other topics or have one after the next. The former would definitely be easier.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453

Consecutive posts will be easier for your reader to follow, unless you link from the end of each one to the next (not a bad idea anyway). If they are a series with a particular order, you may want to post them in reverse order so they will show up in the index/search results in the right order for the reader.

Drop into DIY Marketplace - http://diymarketplace.net/ - and search for LinkedIn. You should find a series of ten articles on the topic. These started out as a single large article which I broke down to ten separate posts for this purpose.

There is no absolutely right way to do this. You need to consider your audience, the nature of the content, and how you want to work. You can spend all day analyzing it, or you can write and publish three articles.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
What @Rev says.

@dzflower453

Consecutive can be by day ... or by week ... or by month ... depending on how busy your site is.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
29378 8 8
destitute