BillBelew.com
BacklinksSEO

What is the Dummies Version of Backlinks?737

Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone give me the dummies version of backlinks?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Google giving credit to other sides pointing to yours - two things "amplify" this..

1) "quality" of sites - YouTube holds more weight than, say, Joe's kitchen emporium

2) "quantity" - sometimes "more is more"
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
In order to be noticed by the Search Engines you must already have been noticed by someone.

This is done when a site other than your own links to you. They link from their site back to your site = backlink.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Search engines do/can find you by following links from other sites so that is a plus, but they can also find you if you list your site with them.

For Google, the value of backlinks was connected to PageRank (not simply the "rank of a page" as many suggest but a rating algorithm named after one of the founders of Google, Larry Page) however this is not as important a factor as it used to be.

You can rank on page one of the SERPs without any backlinks (though it's better to have some!) but you won't rank on page one without reasonable content. Content relevancy, authority, originality, authenticity, positive site user experience, mobile readiness, are all factors that probably out-weight backlinks these days.

It makes sense to spend more time on those and less time worrying about links. The best backlinks, like the best search traffic, are organic.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Dummies version of backlinks is blog often, engage your audience and forget all about back links ... they will happen as your audience link to you naturally.

Blog often = lots of backlinks
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Wanna know what I think is better than backlinks?

Comments....

Yeah, I wrote abt that at LinkedIn.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Comments are awesome. Truly engaging comments -- interaction with your tribe -- are even better than that!
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I'll take comments over backlinks any day.

Backlinks break.

Legitimate comments live on.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
The best of both worlds, of course, is people who comment on your content and then put a link on their site back to yours.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
29378 9 9
destitute