BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationContent MarketingKeywordsSEO Advice

Can Search Engines find keywords in graphics751

dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I was wondering if SEO is good at searching keywords within graphics because I am thinking about putting some facts in infographics to make a more attractive content presentation.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453

No, search cannot find words in graphics.

If you use an infographic be sure to have a crisp caption to go with it ... and a good description behind it.

In the text of your posts, explain the benefits of the infographic.

You will get better results.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew thanks for the confirmation - I assumed that was the case, but I wasn't sure.

There's a similar rule in technical writing, but for a different reason - the cost of language translation. Unless you want to pay for more hours, often at a higher fee, avoid adding text in the image - create external captions instead.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@rcayeras

In the case of Wordpress, captions and Alt Txt can be the same thing, but only captions are visible to the physical reader.

Great question!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
...but alt text IS indexed so use it wisely. Remember its actual purpose, however, and respect that too.

For infographics a good idea is to transcribe the content into text on the page. Put it in a box with the title "Transcript" if you want to separate it for easy skimming/skipping by human readers.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
26084 5 5
destitute