BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationContent MarketingKeywordsSEO Advice

Can Search Engines find keywords in graphics751

Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I was wondering if SEO is good at searching keywords within graphics because I am thinking about putting some facts in infographics to make a more attractive content presentation.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453

No, search cannot find words in graphics.

If you use an infographic be sure to have a crisp caption to go with it ... and a good description behind it.

In the text of your posts, explain the benefits of the infographic.

You will get better results.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew thanks for the confirmation - I assumed that was the case, but I wasn't sure.

There's a similar rule in technical writing, but for a different reason - the cost of language translation. Unless you want to pay for more hours, often at a higher fee, avoid adding text in the image - create external captions instead.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@rcayeras

In the case of Wordpress, captions and Alt Txt can be the same thing, but only captions are visible to the physical reader.

Great question!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
...but alt text IS indexed so use it wisely. Remember its actual purpose, however, and respect that too.

For infographics a good idea is to transcribe the content into text on the page. Put it in a box with the title "Transcript" if you want to separate it for easy skimming/skipping by human readers.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
29425 5 5
destitute