BillBelew.com
InspirationMotivationProductivity

How Do You Stay in Shape? Or Do You?761

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It's tough to stay in shape when you work mostly alone somewhere near a refrigerator.

My wife told me to get in shape.

I told her, "Round is a shape."

She wasn't amused.

Yesterday I read an article on the "Fittest CEOs in America."

The writers need to take a broader look ...

How to you stay in shape? Or do you?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

What model web cam do you use and where can I get one. It is very flattering. Drops about 30 lbs. it seems!
Post 2 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Normally, I choose to walk around 10,000 steps equivalent to almost 2 hours 😝 and I am drenched in sweat. That is the least I can do. Last two weeks, I go for swimming on Sunday.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
My shape doesn't change much, I have to eat plenty to keep it but it's a work in progress....
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I am shaped like a light bulb ...facing down. I wish it were the other way around,
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Perspective? State of mind? Different strokes... What you think you are delivering, and what your audience is receiving, can be two entirely different things!

Some people see a light bulb. Others see a fat lady bending over to pull up her girdle.

...and you will never look at a light bulb in the same way again!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Ha ha ha
Post 7 • IP   flag post
cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user
I just joined a gym, and try to go once or twice a week for a half hour. Not very consistent yet. In addition to that, physical therapy (PT) for my neck once a week for about 8 weeks at a time.

The P.T. gave me exercises for my neck that I'm supposed to do at home, but I have a tendency to not do all of them. Not good! Then I have to go back to the PT.

So I have room for improvement.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
You are better than me.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
I finally got off my duff and went to the gym.

The weights I wanted were taken. The machines I use were taken.

I waited for weights. Finally gave up and came home.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
dono2081 private msg quote post Address this user
Heres a magic formula:
1 - always stay in a caloric deficit, 700 cals a day is 3500 cals a week is a pound of weight lost
2 - the easiest way to create a deficit is increase your cardio exercise while reducing intake. Elliptical, or walking or jogging or c25k
3 - the secret sauce is muscles. Muscles are very energy intensive, they take a lot of calories to maintain. The body has to burn a lot more calories if you have a few more pounds of muscle. Therefore, lift weights, burn cals, add muscle. You maintain some muscle / work out / 3x1 hr a week, and that muscle rewards you with cookies, pie, cake and pudding. Oh and ice cream.

Tldr; 3xweek cardio for 25 mins, + 3 x week weight lifting for 45 mins, + 4 500 cal meals a day. One day a week is cheat day - you can stuff your face. Cravings? Gorge on carrots, broccoli, celery.

All credit to Bill Phillips.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Are weights called that because I have to wait for them?

@dono2081

That's a great formula.

How do you fit this into a routine of work, work, work?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
My wife bought me some walking shoes last week that have weights in the bottom ... they are supposed to help you get in shape...
Post 13 • IP   flag post
The real answer is "routine."
I get up, put on shoes and get out of the house before my mind kicks on the "work."
Once im out of the house, i can do all the bs planning and should-ing and thinking and list making.

I bring my phone and use it - im grateful for Dragon transcription capability.

Think of it this way - on your last day, your to do list will be just as long as it is right now. So, i want to feel and look better. I want my self respect to show.

I really like food, so i exercise. I eat, therefore I lift.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@dono2081

Can I do it before I go to bed the night before so I can be a day ahead?

All seriousness aside... making staying/being fit part of the job description seems to be called for.

Don't fit it in, make it a priority.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
The body is very good at adapting. After awhile, it's fun to create new workouts to keep things fresh and give my body different challenges - walk mon, weights tues, jog a little wed, youtube workout on thurs, tennis fri.

And the 30-day mens yoga challenge now on yt.
D
Post 16 • IP   flag post
25019 16 16
destitute