BillBelew.com
BloggingFeedback

Everyone has an opinion abt logos763

morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like your opinion on this logo design. If you like, a simple thumbs up is fine. If you don't or have thoughts, please tell me.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I realize the big partial-star is the fifth star but many may not get that. Five small stars would be better IMHO. I do like the font.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
labellecleo private msg quote post Address this user
I would do a full star. It seems incomplete. Probably have the other half at the back of the text (faded) . And the little stars to follow as a trail. But that's me. :-)
Just a note the big star is already encompassing other little stars, the count is more than 5.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It's hard for me to know what to say until I know what you want your logo to say.

And that would be?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Thanks guys. All great feed back. Literally, there are 5.5 stars displayed.
Here's a little background.

Medicare added a star rating system 3 or 4 years ago. The better your star rating, the more money you earn from Medicare. 1=worst and 5=best. It encourages insurance companies to provide better products or get out of the market.

The consumer is better informed with the star rating. It is a quick way to select the best choice. Choose a 1 star or a 5 star provider.

MedicareFiveStars.com provides personalized data to help you choose a plan that fits your needs best.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
The logo makes sense now....and also has a msg.

I get it now. Ppl on or looking for Medicare will respond as well.

Did you design this?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
I can't take credit. Found a designer on Fiverr.

Pointed her at the website, gave her just a little background to minimize my influence on her creativity, suggested the use the US Flag in some way.

I have asked for an extra star to compare.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel - we're probably not your main demographic.. you may want to run it by some folks who are 1) less tech 2) not marketing oriented

Some of the folks senior center by La Cienega in LA might respond to a simple query. I can pass things along.

The key to getting quality feedback would be to make it as simple and requiring less thought as possible, depending on what you're trying to do -

For example, "how do the colors make you feel? 1) confident in the company it represents 2) attentive 3) other

Definitely don't do a dozen or so questions unless you're paying for a focus group. Keep it simple.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Things to consider.

What does the logo look like smaller, ie as you would use on a business card? or even on a mobile phone?

What does the logo look like larger, ie as you would use on a pop-up banner?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Good points @Steve. I was just testing on a business card. Thanks for the phone suggestion. I'll send to my phones shortly.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

what abt in a thumbnail on LinkedIn or in a small circle like G+?

What 'character' or personality can you ascribe to it? Such as Google does from time to time to its logo.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Taking the text off and putting it in a box looks good. For G+, need to make certain I have it properly sized so the tips don't get clipped in the circle.

Another idea is to add animation as part of a video introduction. Start with a whole background star with falling stars falling into place while the bottom half of the big star vanishes and text slides in. Another project...
Post 12 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I can understand that the Big star represents the letter M. It would be better to have another leg for the M big star. Because there is an imbalance to it. Then add another star under the big M.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Wow, I didn't see the M. Thanks for chiming in.

I thought it looked like a cat or a baby bird with its beak open. My wife thought it was a crown.

As suggested by @jycmba, I passed past some seniors. They relate to the colors of the flag, five star hotels.

It definitely needs one more star.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
One ping (star) please.

Post 15 • IP   flag post
The 'half star/ still looks like an M with the right leg missing.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
the only change was adding the star, which caused the most agitation. Didn't want to change too much at a time.
I'm asked a couple of other designers to send me something.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@Belew That is what I mean of lacking one leg causing imbalance.

@Morrnel How much do you pay the designers?
Post 18 • IP   flag post
If you were to look at a Cursive M, you will notice a tag on the left and not on the right. This is all great feedback.

I paid US$15
Post 19 • IP   flag post
For one design?
Post 20 • IP   flag post
yes, with the modification
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Don't the designer spend a lot of time doing so?
Post 22 • IP   flag post
This is really a very simple design. Probably spent less than an hour. Two at the most.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Though it looks simple. But a lot of time is spent to draft and come out with different designs. Most 90% work is discarded in order to reach the remaining outstanding 10% work. Many people do not see it. I've been in it.
Post 24 • IP   flag post
cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user

@morrnel I made a few changes based on the comments about the "M".
Post 25 • IP   flag post
M5, huh? That makes me a globular star cluster. Or want to own a really fast sports car.
Post 26 • IP   flag post
cm_hazelwood private msg quote post Address this user
Oh well. Is that good for Medicare? Just kidding.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
26902 27 27
destitute