BillBelew.com
Content MarketingCustomer ServicemarketingMeetupsNetworking

Using Meetups for networking and marketing776

Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I'm presenting at a WordPress meetup today, trying to teach them all how to charge more and win more projects...

On Tuesday, I will running a Blogging Masterclass ... we're about at full capacity for that one...

Monday, I think we're doing a quick hangout ...

How's your week shaping up.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Your week gets a head start on the rest of us here in the northern and western hemisphere.

I have been asked to speak at a sizable event in August.

They want me to create a video introduction to the presentation I will give. Doing that tomorrow.

Elsewise ...it's head down and doing the regular stuff.

Johannesburg is just around the corner ... I am waiting for some final confirmation. When that comes, I'll kick into high gear for that.

There's a local group putting on a 4-week training course for high school and college kids to learn business basics. They want me to teach them content marketing. Preps for that are ongoing.

Business as usual.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Oh, and a buddy of mine who speaks on different places in the world he has been is off gallivanting the world. He has a talk on Macchu Picchu this week that he wants me to do for him.

But ... I have never been there. Need to bone up to get ready for that.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Steve

Meetups seem to be treating you well.

Do you have a long term strategy for using them and the connections you make?

Wanna share?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
At the moment I am simply using Meetups to spread the word... spread it enough and leads will come back my way ...

I am thinking that I need a product, a book or something to market though ...

But apart from spreading the word, no real plans ... I don't want to start charging as I love the idea of sharing things freely, just as I do online.

Who knows... @Belew you hold a lot of these, what is your long term plan?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@Steve

My long term plan would take a long term, um, time to write out.

For now I have teamed my network up with a friend, @Sunilbhaskaran 's network and we have a combined 12,000 members.

I met a guy today who asked me to speak at his event. One of the reasons he was unshy about sharing for inviting me is because I have this kind of network to tap into for possible attendees for his event.

I just want to put on high quality MUs ... build the membership, weed out the riff raff.. then offer some solid training ... maybe create some new marketers who will need mentoring ... for a fee, of course.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve @Belew - if we used these Hangouts as some of the source material and I acted as chief editor, would you both be interested in co-authoring a book?

If you're both willing to split the transcript and cover design fees (which I would get quotes), I'd handle the overall compiling and promotions beyond what your own efforts, and the sales would be split 50/25/25 between me getting half for my efforts and you both splitting the other half.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

you want to put the content that we come up with from the hangouts you host in book form?
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew - I think with the right tweaks and doing a couple of additional interviews with just the two of you that there would be enough content for a decent book.

As it stands, the Hangouts themselves have maybe a reports worth.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

I am game ... can't speak for the guy down under. I can't believe he's sleeping now. What is it? 2 am. He's usually still up or already up by now. Yeesh! 8-)
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Belew - no prob, this will be an evolving project I'm sure!

I think it'll be a great opportunity not only for your existing audiences to learn from both of you but also come up with new innovations that wouldn't happen on your own.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

I appreciate your efforts here.

My goal would be to make this community here the go-to place for this kind of information.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Because of a partnership with another Meetup organizer my reach to local Silicon Valley members Interested in marketing, leads, startups, small biz, entrepreneurship, and networking has grown to 12,100+ members.

How cool is that?!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Update ... in the last week, the membership has grown by 130.

I have a lunch and learn Meetup for next Wednesday...

44 people are signed up to attend!

I already learned something... not to invite too many people for lunch!
Post 14 • IP   flag post
26784 14 14
destitute