BillBelew.com
Business AdviceInspirationMotivation

Share a favorite quote?809

Rev private msg quote post Address this user
"I am grateful for all of my problems. After each one was overcome, I became stronger and more able to meet those that were still to come. I grew in all my difficulties."

-- J.C. Penney, businessman
Post 1 • IP   flag post
"Often vast plans end with half-vast results!"

-- Rev. Stephen B. Henry PhD.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
"All things are possible. Some things are just more difficult than others." Belew
Post 3 • IP   flag post
I love quotes!!

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

M L King.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev
"Often vast plans end with half-vast results!"

-- Rev. Stephen B. Henry PhD.

Better to aim high and hit low, than aim low and hit even lower. Belew
Post 5 • IP   flag post
"If everybody in the room (forum) is thinking the same thing, then somebody isn't thinking." General Patton
Post 6 • IP   flag post
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." Mark Twain

People would rather be fooled than told they were fooled. Belew
Post 7 • IP   flag post
"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."
-- George Walker Bush, 43rd. President of the United States of America.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
But wasn't Tennessee in Texas before it was in Tennessee?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
“In the future it will not be about who you know, but who knows you.”

-- Bill Belew, Content Marketing Professional.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
"You can tell a Swede, but you can't tell him much", Ole

"You can tell a Norwegian, but you can't tell him much", Sven

A little Scandinavian ancestry showing.

"And to you C students, you too can be president", the younger Bush giving commencement address at SMU.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
"That which does not kill you makes for good storytelling."

-Rena
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@rcayeras Love it!
Post 13 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
"Perseverance is important" Tienny
Post 14 • IP   flag post
"The trouble with talking too fast is you may say something you haven't thought of yet." -- Ann Landers, Advice Columnist
Post 15 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev That looks similar to the challenge of telling lies - remembering what was said before, and if the same story was told to everyone. And if not - how sure can you be sure the paths of those recipients will never cross?

Those "rules" probably don't matter to professional/pathological liars.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Rev That's funny. I will use that!
Post 17 • IP   flag post
@rcayeras

"If you always tell the truth, you don't need to remember what you said." Twain
Post 18 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
It is bad to be forgetful and doing too many things.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
vickyswan private msg quote post Address this user
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”–Winston Churchill
Post 20 • IP   flag post
JingTan private msg quote post Address this user
My favourite little quotes are from Studio Ghibli's films.

"All I wanted to do was make something beautiful."
~The Wind Rises

"Whenever someone creates something with all of their heart,then the creation is given a soul."
~The cat Returns

"Once you do something, you never forget.Even if you can't remember it."
~Spirited Away

I also love the book The Alchemist. There are many inspiring quotes in it, very motivative.
"when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
~Paulo Coelho
Post 21 • IP   flag post
@JingTan

Great sources! What Coelho forgot to mention, I think, is that many people want to want it, but only a select few actually want it.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
@vickyswan

I am a big Churchill fan. It took me a year reading off and on and while interjecting other books to read the 30th - page Lion series.

But when I was done I felt like I had spent an entire year with this great leader.

one point that struck me was that Churchill didn't really amount to much till AFTER he was 60. I turned 60 last year.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
@JingTan

Having spent nearly 20 years in Japan. ...we know the Studio Ghibli movies well.

Thanks for bringing back some memories!
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@Belew

Heck, Bill, Winston had done everything -- I mean EVERYTHING -- before he was 60. For you, there's still hope.

Remember, "Never give up!"
Post 25 • IP   flag post
@Rev, I think it was "Never, never, never, never, never, never, never give up.

Post 26 • IP   flag post
It is an oft recounted tale and it takes on several lives, having apparently been given to the graduating class at Harvard, and West Point, and Cambridge, and... well, name your favorite alma mater and the story has probably been told.

It generally goes that in his later years, bringing together his years of war-time and political experience, Sir Winston Churchill spoke to the graduating class. After a long and impressive introduction, Sir Winston walked up to the podium and paused for a long moment. Then, raising his gaze to sweep the expectant graduating class he said, "Never, never, never give up!" and immediately sat down.

Wise words, to be sure, from a wise and experienced man. But it wasn't like that at all.

First, it was not at an American university, nor at one of the world class British institutions. And it wasn't in his later years, after the war and his political career was over.

It was to the graduating class at Harrow School, his own alma mater, and it was in 1941. The memorable part from which the folk lore is derived is clearly documented:

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never — in nothing, great or small, large or petty — never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

While remarkably short for the long-winded Winston, the commencement address did go on for several more pages. Even without the lore, it is as important a speech as any he gave.
Post 27 • IP   flag post
@Rev

For a while, I studied his speeches.

As you can gather from some of my other posts here, I do a lot of speaking. I want to study the greats ... learn from them ...

Churchill, undoubtedly, was one of the greats.

What I learned could fill a dozen threads or more here.

"I will prepare. And some day my time will come."

Wait, that was Lincoln ... but it could have been Churchill.

Being prepared is important. When great opportunities meet with people who have done great preparation ... you get great results.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
It is a bit of a slog, but a great, and different, perspective on an important period in world history that had profound impact upon the America we live in today. Perhaps it should be mandatory reading in school; Winston Churchill's six volumes: The Second World War.
Post 29 • IP   flag post
The Last Lion - Winston Churchill , was the series I read a couple of years ago.
Post 30 • IP   flag post
25043 252 30
destitute