BillBelew.com
Business AdviceInspirationMotivation

Share a favorite quote?809

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Marketing is like sex, only losers have to pay for it.
Post 226 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew your my hero with that quote... lol
Post 227 • IP   flag post
Member Nataliafranco private msg quote post Address this user
My favourite quote the top of many many many qotes that I love is: -"stop SAYING "I WISH" START SAYING "I WILL"-
Post 228 • IP   flag post
and another one is "be happy exist and therefore think"
Post 229 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Nataliafranco

...stop SAYING "I WISH" START SAYING "I WILL"

And then actually START!
Post 230 • IP   flag post

yes!!! absolutely
Post 231 • IP   flag post
@Nataliafranco

I'm glad you accepted that well. I don't mean to be picky -- well, maybe I do -- but it is always offered in the spirit of "something of value".

In my work as a coach and a mentor I often have people come to me with the experience of a previous coach -- that's to be expected -- but they are most often ladled full of platitudes that miss the mark by about "that much".

A friend of mine was trying to sell me on a business program once. He approached me on it several times and I just wasn't interested. At least I "thought" I wasn't.

My friend traveled quite a bit and would send me beautiful postcards from foreign places, beautiful, enticing, and each with a large chunk of the corner torn off. The message was always the same, "You still haven't seen the whole picture!"

Most of the current motivators, sayings passed around on social media shareable graphics these days, are a little like those postcards. They are cute, catchy, almost meaningful, but they don't deliver the whole message.

Because of the wonderful, but also dangerous, power of our own minds, we can easily be seduced by incomplete motivators -- subtle half-truths, pared down or taken out of context -- that actually program us for mediocre performance or even failure.

Just my 2¢ for today.
Post 232 • IP   flag post
Member networkmills private msg quote post Address this user
Never Give Up! Not Even Once!
Post 233 • IP   flag post
Thats so so so true
Post 234 • IP   flag post
Never more clear
Post 235 • IP   flag post
I really understeand because we are yalking about the same sense
Post 236 • IP   flag post
Not long ago, the United States led the world in producing college graduates; now it leads the world in producing college dropouts.
Post 237 • IP   flag post
When you have been number one for a long time it is hard to admit when you are not anymore. Politicians still regularly claim we are #1 in education, #1 in universities, #1 in medical care, and, after all, the U.S. economy is the world's largest!

The U.S. used to be the world leader in education -- today we are 14th in reading, 25th in maths, and 17th in sciences.

10 our of 10 of the top universities used to be U.S. -- today it is 6.

The U.S. medical system was once considered the finest in the world -- today we are ranked 37th over all. That puts us behind such countries as Chile (33), Morocco (29), Colombia (22), and Monaco (13). Different sources show either France or the UK as number 1, with Japan close behind.

But don't despair. The U.S. is still decidedly 1st. in several categories.

#1 in military spending. In fact, the U.S. spends more than the next 11 countries combined and all but 1 of those are allies.

#1 in waste (garbage) production. While comprising less than 6% of the world's population we account for more waste production than any other country on earth. At more than 4 times our population, China still produces less.

#1 in criminal incarceration. Not per-capita, either. Just plain old raw numbers -- we incarcerate more people than any totalitarian regime and even more than population giants like India and China.

Oh, and that economy thing... not so good. If you adjust for currency manipulation, China passed the U.S. as the world's largest economy about five years ago.
Post 238 • IP   flag post
So here we have purposeful practice in a nutshell: Get outside your comfort zone but do it in a focused way, with clear goals, a plan for reaching those goals, and a way to monitor your progress. Oh, and figure out a way to maintain your motivation. This recipe is an excellent start for anyone who wishes to improve—but it is still just a start.
Post 239 • IP   flag post
I made it a point to recruit only subjects who had trained extensively as athletes, dancers, musicians, or singers. None of them ever quit on me

Who do you hire? .
Post 240 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer to hire those who are different and better than I do. However, I'm lacking in financial and skill ability. So I have no choice except to work first to gain experience and the acquired skillset.
Post 241 • IP   flag post
@tienny

It is a good thing to acquire skill and experience. Keep up the good work.
Post 242 • IP   flag post
“Good enough” is generally good enough. But it’s important to remember that the option exists. If you wish to become significantly better at something, you can.
Post 243 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@belew Thsnk you for your encouragement.
Post 244 • IP   flag post
"...students were motivated to practice intensely and with full concentration because they saw such practice as essential to improving their performance."

How hard do you practice your craft?
Post 245 • IP   flag post
Over the course of 10 years the difference btw good, better and best can be quantitified.

" ...3,420 hours on the violin by the time they were eighteen, the better violin students had practiced an average of 5,301 hours, and the best violin students had practiced an average of 7,410."
Post 246 • IP   flag post
"By now it is safe to conclude from many studies on a wide variety of disciplines that nobody develops extraordinary abilities without putting in tremendous amounts of practice."
Post 247 • IP   flag post
"...becoming accomplished in any field in which there is a well-established history of people working to become experts requires a tremendous amount of effort exerted over many years."
Post 248 • IP   flag post
Member JoshuaMatis private msg quote post Address this user
The definition of hell:
“On your last day on earth, the person you became will meet the person you could have become.” 
Post 249 • IP   flag post
Member JoshuaMatis private msg quote post Address this user
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
Post 250 • IP   flag post
@JoshuaMatis

Good start.
Post 251 • IP   flag post
"A recent study shows 87.3% of all statistics are made up."
-Cassandra Henry.

"There are 2 types of people in the world; those who think there are two types of people in the world, and those who don't.

"There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Post 252 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite: "It's not over till it's over".
Post 253 • IP   flag post
Member JelenaBB private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaMatis
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
This one is good!
Post 254 • IP   flag post
This one, from the writing of the Rev. Charles Dodgeson, has always been good advice:

"Begin at the beginning, and go on till you come to the end: then stop."
Post 255 • IP   flag post
28675 287 30
destitute