BillBelew.com
Business AdviceInspiration

Thank God It's Monday813

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
When I lived in Japan I couldn't tell Monday from any other day.

I loved my work.

It doesn't feel that way now truth be told.

But I am indeed happy to have work.

What do you look forward to most on Monday?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I don't sleep because I always look forward to whatever I have to do that day ... some days drag on but that's part of the course ... I could always have to do real work for a living ... and not for the most part, the fun stuff I actually do.

We'll have to see about getting your mojo back ... it makes work fun and exciting ...
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I know when it's Monday mostly because I get more calls and emails, usually from people looking for help who didn't want to bother me on the weekend.

Generally, though, since I work for myself, and mostly from home, I don't bother keeping track of days by name. I use dates to track the few appointments I book, and calendars to organize things into order and spacing by days (blocks), not which day.

I don't wear a watch or carry a cell phone. My internal clock tells me roughly what time of day it is, beyond that I have no need. I can't remember when I last used an alarm clock. Sheesh. Do people still use those? Blah!

I love what I do and I do it when I choose. It doesn't suit everyone but it works for me.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
This Monday - I have a lot of catch-up work to do. And promote someone I worked with for a job opening where I am currently contracting.

I will be busy today and the rest of the week - and none of it is housecleaning. For me, this is a good Monday.

I do carry a cell phone, which also acts as a calendar and an alarm clock. I realized I lived many, many, many years without one. I don't know how I managed to do that.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Ahh, Monday! Had a wonderful morning walk with my wife. I don't walk nearly as much as I did in Shanghai and you can tell it. We'll do another walk in the evening to round out the days.

I like to keep Monday open and let it fill itself. And it's working out that way.

I don't wear a watch either, though I have many. I like sun dials. There is one in downtown San Jose but it is 15-20 feet in the air so it quite useless.

I am looking forward to my 3:30 meeting today.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@morrnel we should meet sometime. It's nice to occasionally see someone and trade stories. Due to an ongoing schedule conflict, it's been a long time since I've been to a Monday evening meetup.

(a San Jose resident - north end)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
MLHarris private msg quote post Address this user
Monday is a writing day..Today I have other things to do like catching up posting here and updating social profiles. Have a great day everyone!

Mari-Lyn
Post 7 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Without a doubt @rcayeras. we can go offline. my email is morrnel@icloud.com
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev... watch what?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
Garfield said "I hate Mondays because Mondays hate me first!"
Post 10 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I love Monday because I enjoy my work. When the Monday is public holiday, I feel disappointed because no concentration.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
24993 11 11
destitute