BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksBusiness AdviceContent Marketing

What's the best outbound marketing strategy?826

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
What's the best outbound marketing strategy?

Putting up the best content on your Web site is the best inbound strategy.

Speaking... giving presentations to a room full of attendees who are interested in your topic is the best.

The challenge, of course, is filling the room (it doesn't matter what size the room is) with people.

building a Web site with great content and a call to action to get people to come hear you speak is the best way to fill a room.

That's content marketing at its very best.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
But what is "best"?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@morrnel When people pay you for what you know.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
And for those who think they can't speak in front of others? Bring in a guest speaker!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
Isn't the best outbound marketing one that now complements inbound ... for example someone registering on your website for an eBook or something... then a few weeks later someone calling and asking if you enjoyed the eBook ... kind of makes it a warm call rather than a cold call...

And businesses are always going to do Outbound marketing, the beautiful thing however is that inbound builds reputations (authority) that outbound can take advantage off ... I used to be a sales manager and run teams in various countries... I can see lots of ways inbound would have helped outbound ...
Post 5 • IP   flag post
I have a friend who always uses the term "best", the best route, yada yada yada. The route gets me to the destination quicker. The route takes me on a scenic route. The route keeps me out of rush hour traffic. All three different solutions are "best" for the problem that needs to be solved.

So in this case, inbound marketing. If you don't have the destination, how do you know you got there?
Post 6 • IP   flag post
You can set Goals - where you want people to be in/on your site.

The way that gets the most people there to turn over money is the best way.... if making money is your aim.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@rev, I was once asked to speak before 3,000 people. Didn't know I could until faced with the challenge.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I once faced 3,000 people who all spoke to me at the same time. That was a real challenge.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew what was the result of that challenge? From the IT world, sounds like a DDOS attack - Distributed Denial of Service, overload a server with rapid requests until it is unavailable to anything else or shuts down.

From the celebrity world - normal behavior when fans see you in person. The mob? Getting mobbed?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@rcayeras

Was meant to be funny = not true.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
However of you follow Ann Landers advice you could make it happen
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
I was so sure the answer was the celebrity being mobbed by fans . . .
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@rcayeras

I have had more than 3,000 people on my web site at the same time... does that count?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
29622 14 14
destitute