BillBelew.com
Business AdviceFacebookSocial Media

How to Increase Facebook Likes833

Addy_walls private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,
I have an e-commerce site and starting to build my social media strategy. I am starting to do some posts on Fb and Twitter and although I am seeing followers on Twitter, Facebook has stumped me. Any ideas on how to increase Fb likes ? Also, any other social media strategies I should adopt that can help me in building user base and getting sales.

thx
Addy
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Before chasing Facebook likes let's ask Why?

What do you want to do with these people who 'like' you?

There's a thread at the top for an upcoming Twitter MASTERCLASS. By all means.... attend. @Steve has a great Twitter Strategy that gets people to your site.

Facebook seems to be a pay proposition. You buy ads. .. people come ... or not.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Thanks for the tip. I will look into Twitter class. At this point, I am thinking Fb just to build credibility more than generating sales from it. Not sure how much it matters.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
IMHO... it doesn't matter.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Ok. Thanks . Good to know
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
facebook likes, Kindle book reviews, and other similar metrics that can be readily manipulated by the owner, are meaningless; good only for a false sense of self-esteem. Every second spent chasing and/or analyzing them is a second wasted, and which might otherwise be used to create or promote something of value.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev @Belew Thanks
Post 7 • IP   flag post
I wrote this some time ago. The video is worth a look, I think.

Give ne a reason to Like Your Facebook Page - Blog Post

Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Very insightful video!

@dmortaz ... I hope you will weigh in on this.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Thought this Reddit post was insightful..

Huge Sales Bump Facebook ads CAN work.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

The reddit link is insightful buy it still doesn't give specifics... only percentages. Percentages without a baseline are not useful.

who spent how much money and spent how much time and got this money back is what I am looking for.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Great video and I get it that having likes from users who are not engaged is worthless. However, there are real, genuine users out there who you really want to target. Now, once you have a good number of Likes, the base would grow organically But when you are starting out, you need to reach a new audience to get them to see your page. How do you as a small business reach these users? Are there ways other than paid likes to reach new users and get them to see/ Like your page?
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Addy_walls

There is no easy way.

Good content will attract loyal followers. But the competition on Facebook will be fierce and the return minmal. IMHO, you are better off to build your Web site and let search go to work for you.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
@Addy_walls - focus on what's likeable (see earlier parts of this thread); can't emphasize enough that unlike traditional content marketing it's got to be less about your business and more about a shareable, "like"-able topic.

Again, there are many gurus out there, but Bret Gregory is by far the best source of low to no cost training. I have no vested interest in promoting him - just the time / effort I've spent checking out different materials.
Post 14 • IP   flag post
Hoda private msg quote post Address this user
@jycmba

Bundles of thankyou Vibes coming your way for sharing Bret Gregory's name with us!!!
I am loving the video. What superb tips. Will let you all know what happens next week when I implement a few of his suggestions.

Cheers!
H
Post 15 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Addy_walls FB people seem to be in content consumption mode... Unless you have a strong, recognized, and socialized brand people- all it will do is increase top-of-funnel brand awareness...its also a place where people reconnect with their 3rd cousins and post cat memes.

Personally, I have seen little correlation between increased FB engagement with increased referral traffic coming back to the site from it. It's good to be in on the discussion...and there is a kind of expectation that you participate-regardless. I would focus on making your e-comm site amazing, social will be reflexive to what you have going on there.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
Long ago it was decided to not do business with friends and family.

Who's on Facebook?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
What's on Twitter.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
What's on 2nd. Who's on 1st.
Post 19 • IP   flag post
@Hoda - you're quite welcome!

I'm constantly on the lookout for "best in class" - that's why I knew @Belew would be happy with Chris Ducker's outsource program!
Post 20 • IP   flag post
27629 20 20
destitute