BillBelew.com
Career AdviceInspirationMotivation

If You Could Change Something about Yourself854

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
If you could change something about yourself, what would you change?

I have spent the last 2.5 months of a 4-month 'program' trying to reprogram the way I eat in hopes of being healthier, slimmer and living longer.

I don't pretend to be younger than I am. Nor do I want to be older than I am either.

What would you like to change about yourself? What are you doing to make the change? How can I help?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Itumelengdipho1 private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to change procastinating the fact that I need to establish my own business
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Itumelengdipho1

How can I help?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple of things I would change...

1. I don't suffer fools

2. I tend to do things myself, rather than ask someone else to do it and then wait for them to do what I have asked. If I can do it, I will ... it saves me time, I know it is done and I know it is done as I would do it.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
50 pounds. I'd be happy with 30 for now.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I can help you with that.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I wish and need to be assertive. And to learn to identify whom I can delegate certain tasks to let me concentrate on the most important thing.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I don't consider those bad things. Don't change one bit.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew - you think so?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

Yup. Ask me tonight at the Meetup if you are there or Wed morning when we meet
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I've been thinking about this, and it may be arrogance or complacency, but there isn't much I would want to change. Procrastination chips away at performance every now and then, and focus wavers a little from time to time, but other than that, I'm OK.

I'm doing exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it, and I eat alright. I've done the big cars and the big house with 12 foot ceilings and white pillars on the front thing. Traveled enough. Got the snow globes and t-shirts. It was fun when I was younger but what I could have done if I'd put that energy into what I know now.

Now I live a more sustainable life style with a much smaller carbon footprint and I'm loving it. Someone else owns that big house, with all its problems, and those big cars (and that marriage) are long gone.

I don't have any regrets, though, and there is nothing that makes me say, "If only..." Perhaps the one thing I wish is that I had -- or took -- more time for my writing.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Thanks for the honest reply.

I don't have what I would call huge ambitions but I do still have them ... mostly because my wife is a full Chinese Zodiac cycle younger than I ... and my daughter is a half century younger than I am. I want to be there for them.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Kewl responses @Rev and @Belew.

I read an article some time back about a woman celebrating her 104th birthday. A reported approached her at her celebration, asked what she liked best about being her age.

She replied, "No peer pressure."
Post 13 • IP   flag post
brandnub private msg quote post Address this user
I read this book many years back - Chasing Daylight (Eugene O'Kelly)

I am so torn wanting to be him (when he was young) and also wanting to not be him (when he was young and stupid??) . . . and would later regret in life.

This incident / story where he travels all the way to EAST (Japan?) and reserves a seat on a 1 hour flight next to an executive to close a business deal gives me that mixed reactions - will to succeed, madness to make it happen, drive to ???? . . . Want and do not want are a matter of perception and driven by thoughts, circumstances and lack of thoughts - hahaha . . .

For a start, I want to come to terms and understand what I want! Then it will be easy for me to decide how to change and what to change to. Food for thought :-)
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@brandnub

Where are you now in the answer to the question, "What do I want? "
Post 15 • IP   flag post
brandnub private msg quote post Address this user
@belew

Depends on the day, time and what is happening around me!! Immaturity at its peak - hahahaha . . . :-)
Post 16 • IP   flag post
26000 16 16
destitute