BillBelew.com
Career AdviceInspirationMotivation

If You Could Change Something about Yourself854

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
If you could change something about yourself, what would you change?

I have spent the last 2.5 months of a 4-month 'program' trying to reprogram the way I eat in hopes of being healthier, slimmer and living longer.

I don't pretend to be younger than I am. Nor do I want to be older than I am either.

What would you like to change about yourself? What are you doing to make the change? How can I help?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member Itumelengdipho1 private msg quote post Address this user
I would like to change procastinating the fact that I need to establish my own business
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Itumelengdipho1

How can I help?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Top Contributor Steve private msg quote post Address this user
I have a couple of things I would change...

1. I don't suffer fools

2. I tend to do things myself, rather than ask someone else to do it and then wait for them to do what I have asked. If I can do it, I will ... it saves me time, I know it is done and I know it is done as I would do it.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
50 pounds. I'd be happy with 30 for now.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

I can help you with that.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I wish and need to be assertive. And to learn to identify whom I can delegate certain tasks to let me concentrate on the most important thing.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Steve

I don't consider those bad things. Don't change one bit.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew - you think so?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

Yup. Ask me tonight at the Meetup if you are there or Wed morning when we meet
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I've been thinking about this, and it may be arrogance or complacency, but there isn't much I would want to change. Procrastination chips away at performance every now and then, and focus wavers a little from time to time, but other than that, I'm OK.

I'm doing exactly what I want to do, when I want to do it, and I eat alright. I've done the big cars and the big house with 12 foot ceilings and white pillars on the front thing. Traveled enough. Got the snow globes and t-shirts. It was fun when I was younger but what I could have done if I'd put that energy into what I know now.

Now I live a more sustainable life style with a much smaller carbon footprint and I'm loving it. Someone else owns that big house, with all its problems, and those big cars (and that marriage) are long gone.

I don't have any regrets, though, and there is nothing that makes me say, "If only..." Perhaps the one thing I wish is that I had -- or took -- more time for my writing.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Thanks for the honest reply.

I don't have what I would call huge ambitions but I do still have them ... mostly because my wife is a full Chinese Zodiac cycle younger than I ... and my daughter is a half century younger than I am. I want to be there for them.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
Kewl responses @Rev and @Belew.

I read an article some time back about a woman celebrating her 104th birthday. A reported approached her at her celebration, asked what she liked best about being her age.

She replied, "No peer pressure."
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Member brandnub private msg quote post Address this user
I read this book many years back - Chasing Daylight (Eugene O'Kelly)

I am so torn wanting to be him (when he was young) and also wanting to not be him (when he was young and stupid??) . . . and would later regret in life.

This incident / story where he travels all the way to EAST (Japan?) and reserves a seat on a 1 hour flight next to an executive to close a business deal gives me that mixed reactions - will to succeed, madness to make it happen, drive to ???? . . . Want and do not want are a matter of perception and driven by thoughts, circumstances and lack of thoughts - hahaha . . .

For a start, I want to come to terms and understand what I want! Then it will be easy for me to decide how to change and what to change to. Food for thought :-)
Post 14 • IP   flag post
@brandnub

Where are you now in the answer to the question, "What do I want? "
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Member brandnub private msg quote post Address this user
@belew

Depends on the day, time and what is happening around me!! Immaturity at its peak - hahahaha . . . :-)
Post 16 • IP   flag post
29137 16 16
destitute