BillBelew.com
AnalyticsFeedbackSEOSEO AdviceVideo Production

Embedding Videos and Digital Content855

Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I assume embedding one video into a website is fine, but when does it start to work against you when you have too much interactive stuff going on?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453

Ask yourself when is too much too much?

2 videos? 3? 4?

Then you will know the answer.

A post should be long enough to satisfy the query and no longer.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
IMHO:

Depending on the video, just one could be too much.

I hate those drawing videos with the voice background when they take a long drawn-out message and don't get into the meat of the message until 3/4 of the way through.

Anymore, I just close the page as soon as I see one of these.

Good quality videos with good infographics that keep you interested are cool!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
@fredhoot,
Thanks for the information .
Do you mean the infographics that are on the same page as the videos or infographics embedded within video?
Thanks,
Dai
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453
I have seen both work.
Paraphrasing @Belew, if you get distracted or bored when watching your video, you will know it has to be changed. ;-)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Don't auto-play videos. Let your visitors determine if they wish to watch. Don't surprise them with noise that may cause embarrassment.

Always provide controls. Locking a viewer into watching the video all the way through may seem like a good idea until it means you no longer have a viewer.

Give your viewers the ability to track through the video. Sure, some will skip ahead and may miss out on the carefully crafted process you want to take them through, but some may need to leave in the middle and come back later. Forcing them to start over at the beginning may lose more than you keep.

Never force your clients. Provide obvious choices and necessary help. Flexibility is always better than rigidity. Give a little. Gain a lot!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@Rev

If I go to a website and I start hearing things ... I run.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
28680 7 7
destitute