BillBelew.com
FeedbackOrganic SearchSEOSEO Advice

Sliders Bad for SEO856

dzflower453 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I have heard sliders are bad, although I have also read there are searchable banners within sliders sometimes. I wonder how people strike a balance.

The website I am in charge of recommending improvements is below. It is a very simple slider, so I am unsure if it has an impact. I also assume the words in each are searchable.

Any alternatives you suggest would be welcomed.
http://threecornerscapital.com/
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dzflower453

Sliders are not bad for Seo. Sliders generally are connected to real pages. This is what I have going on at www.billbelew.com

sliders created by flash plugins are no good.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
On the website I posted, in the little blue graphics that flip with the click-links, do those get factored into SEO.
I am also wondering that while images are great visually, it may interfere with mobile-friendliness of site.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@dzflower453 Yes.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
How do you find a compromise between visuals and mobile friendliness?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@dzflower453

There is no one-answer fits all. You need to find what works for you.

Simple is best ... especially on mobile. The screens are small.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Best results for mobile is either having two distinct sites (desktop/mobile) which is a lot of work or, with WordPress sites, a good mobile plugin like WPTouch that allows you to configure your data (CSS) for mobile friendly delivery.

"bad for SEO" is a phrase that implies some sort of penalty for using it. Something that doesn't SEO well may not be bad at all -- just of no SEO value. We shouldn't do everything on our site for SEO. In fact, we should do EVERYTHING on our site for our visitors. SEO is a second-tier event. It's important but only after we deliver new, authoritative, content to our visitors.

If you want to use something that doesn't garner SEO value, why not? If it adds value to your content or delivery, go for it.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Think...what is best for your readers. Do that.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
You got it Rev! Google has not reached human intelligence(yet). Be an in-bounder, think like your site visitor. If it looks weird - don't put it in, if it sounds weird - don't say it. Have a responsive site that displays well on both desktop/mobile and plays nice with different browsers.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
Instead of thinking is XYZ bad for SEO, why not instead ask what is good for SEO and do that?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
27629 10 10
destitute