BillBelew.com
Business AdviceFeedback

Advice for my blog page864

Member labellecleo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys,

My blog is finally up. This will likely change to a product first page eventually. Does my blog need to be about my product? Or can I keep adding articles about personal experiences, advices and resources?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.
Lorna.

Lovable Cub
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@labellecleo

There is no about page.

How can the reader know who is writing this blog?

Why would the reader care about the content? If they know the author it's tough for them to care about the content.... especially in your niche.

First things first... introduce yourself with an about page.

Second things second... what is the blog about? Let's set the tone for the site.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Noted.
Thanks.

How do you 'set the tone'? Do you have an example?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
In your about page ... you will tell the readers what you are going to do.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
I guess being an anonymous writer doesn't bring in the money? :-)
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@labellecleo

Why would you want to be anonymous? Is it a super-hero complex, you know, Superman, Zorro, Batman...? Or are you afraid to stand behind your writing? Is there a third possibility?

I'm being critical, but maybe that is what you need just now. I'm not being unfriendly.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Rev.

Lol. I guess I just didn't want some specific people that I know, to know what I was up to. I know how that sounds. :-)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@labellecleo

Stand up for what you are "up to". Don't let those who might not understand steal your dream. What you are doing for yourself is what matters. And through that doing you will come to know other specific people and they will support you. In a while, those from whom you might have been thinking of hiding will either support you too, or they won't matter.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@labellecleo At first I thought I want to hide. But I can't find any appropriate name. On second thought, I choose to use own name to treat it as my portfolio.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
29377 9 9
destitute