BillBelew.com
AnalyticsBloggingBusiness AdviceWordPress

Wordpress Blog Domain866

Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Throughout my usage of wordpress, I observe that now wordpress can install google Adsense and Analytics. My friend is used to using her free wordpress and prefer to stick to wordpress. Now she is considering to get her domain name. Is it simpler compared to moving wordpress blog into another server?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@tienny

Migrating a WordPress.com free blog to a self hosted (WordPress.org) website with your own domain is easy.

On the blog site go to tools and export. Export the content file. Your friend will save this to their own computer.

On the website, go to tools and import. When they first attempt this it will ask where they are importing from. Select WordPress. it will install a plugin. Activate and run.

Import the file previously saved. When prompted about images say yes. When the process is done all posts from the free site should be in the new site with matching categories and images should be present.

That's from memory so there may be some slight variance but the over all process is correct. If you, or your friend, run into any difficulty, feel free to contact me.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Will the images be exported too?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Rev Thank you
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Rev What will happen if click the "Go Premium" button at the free wordpress blog?

Will it retain the current statistics?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
28696 5 5
destitute