BillBelew.com
BloggingNetworking

Official "Introduce Yourself" Thread - #2870

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
This is fun. The first Introduce Yourself Thread filled up!

So, let's do it again.

Please introduce yourself in this thread. Feel free to get creative, but if you need help overcoming writer's block use this template:

Name:

Interesting fact about yourself:

Hoping to get out of this forum:

Take a moment to add your social network links in your profile, too!

Welcome!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
@tashagabrielle

"@Belew Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into that! This is what I have thus far... It's not much but a work in progress is always better than nothing at all tashagabrielle.wordpress.com"

Everybody who gets serious about their blog moves from the free WordPress account to a self-hosted account. It's a whopping $100 (US) 8-) a year at most to let your readers know you are serious about being online.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@tashagabrielle - I know that most of the folks here will hate me for this advice.

But start a Facebook fan page - this is ideal for your audience. It offers all the essential functions of a website with the added boost of social.

A lot of folks on here work with businesses so LinkedIn and Twitter are better.

In your case it looks like you're trying to reach a consumer audience, and Facebook is much better for a variety of reasons already covered on this forum.

Where to Find a Facebook Expert

And although it seems like your content may be slightly different than the typical "10 ways to.." stuff that most content marketers here write on their blog, you still need to crank out content that attracts your ideal audience.

So, for example, if you're writing fiction, you can still share your style of storytelling by writing about your life.

Welcome, and looking forward to connecting - Butterfly Formula
Post 3 • IP   flag post
mcc private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Bill,

I'm a bit confused. Am I a member of this forum or not? I didn't even see your email about opening up the forum for 50 people until today. And that was like 12 days ago? Gmail hid it from me. I just happened to be looking for something and suddenly, there it was.

Thank you!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@mcc

You are good. You are a member. I am very glad to have you here.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@tashagabrielle

Nobody can hate you @jycmba. Something about cats and skinning them comes to mind.

If there was one and only one right way to do things, everybody would be doing it that way.

Do we see everybody doing things the same way? Nope.

I am all for inbound marketing. Not everybody is.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Belew - no prob, I just know that some folks are stuck on a "one size fits all approach."

This does work in marketing any better than in education.. or like this..

Put another way.. as my friend Marianne Cantwell would say..

Post 7 • IP   flag post
@mcc - if you're using Gmail (which I'm guessing is the case,) they went from simple Spam vs. regular email to "Social" and "Promotions" -

All you can do is to create a separate label and filter everything there. That way you bypass this - what is essentially a filter forced on you by Google.

When I have a moment, I'll create a video and add it here -
New to This Forum? Start Here..
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Yayyy, thank you, Bill! Honored to be a member.

Thank you, jycmba. I'll wait for the video. I tend to get very lost.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@mcc

I am preparing a year-long course for 'lost souls' to keep them on track and accountable. Are you interested?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Tashagabrielle. I've written a book. It came with a full set of crayons! And I did it as a second grade project.
All joking aside, welcome.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
I might be, Bill, depending on what the course entails. I'm part of a (free) mastermind group right now, as well as taking some classes.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@mcc

As long as you are happy with your progress you don't need me.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
9millionairess private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am Gail Wilson. I live in Atwater, CA. My youngest son calls it a "Witness Protection" city. No one knows it exist. It remote and there are NO restaurant to dine except for Denny’s. When we eat out, we go to Turlock or Modesto to eat.
Today I spoke at the Successful Thinkers Network- Modesto.
It was wonderful. I did it and I did not feel scared or intimidated. My subject was: Who are you? Do you know?

I am hoping to learn how to "Blog" and recreate myself and take my show on the road. This means traveling. Earn a living writing, creating sharing.
https://www.facebook.com/gail.wilson.908347
@9Millionairess

Post 14 • IP   flag post
@9millionairess

welcome, Gail.

very glad to have you here during for you to participate in the discussions.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Ericka private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the invite Bill! My name is Ericka Richardson. I live in Powder Springs, Ga. I am the daughter of a comedian and I'm a long haul truck driver.

Although our offline biz is successful, I'm looking to grow my ecommerce site through content marketing, etc. I've learned a few things so hopefully i can be helpful to others as well.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
@Ericka

thanks for jumping in.

my dad spent is working years keeping the big rigs running.

Where can we meet you online?
Post 17 • IP   flag post
Cool! My home base n blog are at www.thedealcutters.com as well as all my social links. I'm mist active on my Fb pg http://facebook.com/4thedealcutters tho
Post 18 • IP   flag post
Greetings @Ericka
Post 19 • IP   flag post
Thank you for the warm eelcome @mornel :-)
Post 20 • IP   flag post
Oops,,, welcome
Post 21 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
welcome to the mad house ..,
Post 22 • IP   flag post
Thanks a bu ch Steve. Let's go bananas with it! Lol
Post 23 • IP   flag post
Hi, I wrote an intro post a while ago, but didn't quite do that right, so may I re-do it here?

I'm really honored to be a member here. Really fascinating conversations going on.

My name is Cherryl Chow. I live in Milpitas, CA, with my husband and two senior cats. The cats like to pull rank on me.

I've been translating, writing, and editing for decades. I'm passionate about health. I'm the co-author of "Hypoglycemia for Dummies" and "Encyclopedia of Hepatitis and Other Liver Diseases."

I'm now embarking on fiction writing and would like to know how to have a blog and an author platform.

I'm thrilled to offer as a free download “The Bath,” my new novelette (long short story).

It’s a coming-of-age story of a half Japanese, half Chinese girl who is uprooted from her home and torn away from everything she knows and loves— except for her brother, who’s just as clueless as she is.
The download is quick and simple. 2 clicks. 1 minute. On the download page on Freeditorial, just click on the format you want: PDF, Kindle, or e-book reader, and the rest is automatic.

The Bath

Works on smartphones, tablets, and computers.

Nothing required on your part—no name, no email address. Read the story at your leisure—or not at all. Won’t cost you anything either way.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheryl.chow (one r)
Twitter: cherrylchow (two r's)
Post 24 • IP   flag post
@mcc

Thanks for introducing yourself and your participation so far.

My daughter is bi-cultural.. Chinese and American. She blogs at www.miamei.com. She is just 7 years old.

my sons are bi-cultural. ..Japanese and American.

At one point I lived in Asia longer than in the US. I consider myself multi-cultural.

I am very interested in your story. More interested in helping you get more readers.

Thanks for being here.
Post 25 • IP   flag post
Hi @mcc.
Is a long short story kind of like jumbo shrimp?
Post 26 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
@mcc welcome to the forums ...
Post 27 • IP   flag post
Thank you so much, Bill. Very impressed that your daughter is blogging already at age 7. She's far ahead of me!

Interesting mix of cultures in your home! That's really wonderful.

Because of your multicultural background, I think you'll find my story particularly interesting. Read it at your leisure -- I know you're very busy -- but please download it now, if you don't mind. It would be wonderful if others will download the story too. I entered it into a contest. The winner is determined by both the number of downloads and literary merit. Rather unusual criteria, but I think it's because it's being sponsored by a huge writing blog. So, they encourage participants to reach out to others.

Right now the story is part of a contest entry. Later, I might put it up on Amazon (may bundle it with my other stories) or offer it through my blog--if I ever get one. This seems to be a steep hurdle for me.

Thank you, Steve.

Haha, that's funny, mornel, maybe a long short story is kind of like jumbo shrimp. The story is 43 pages long so it's not quite like a regular short story I guess.
Post 28 • IP   flag post
@mcc

Kindle version is downloaded....thx!
Post 29 • IP   flag post
Thank you, Bill, hope you enjoy the story!
Post 30 • IP   flag post
25047 500 30
destitute