BillBelew.com
AnalyticsBacklinksBlogging

How does Guest Posting Work?895

9millionairess private msg quote post Address this user
I am New at Blogging and I don't understand Guest Posting.

1)How does one Guest Post?

2)How do you get others to be a Guest Poster?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Gail Wilson @ Blog.ServiceConnection.BIZ
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@9millionairess

This is a great question and one that bloggers of every level should know about.

First things first:

1. Build your site up to a high quality level = lots of good, focused content on your niche.

2. Follow other bloggers in your niche and leave real and relevant comments on their blogs.

3. Reach out to the blog owners via the contact form and ask, "Hey can I write something for you on your blog? No strings attached."

4. Repeat number 3 again and again for different blogs and blog owners.

5. In time, your blog will become high quality enough and you will gain respect among your peers and wannabe peers. The wannabes will start asking you after they have done numbers 1 and 2 above.

First ... build your own site and your own credibility. Elsewise, why would anybody want you to write on their blog if they do not know who you are? And why would they ask to guest blog for you if they don't know what you are about?

Does this answer your question?
Post 2 • IP   flag post
9millionairess private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, Thank you Very Much.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@9millionairess

Be sure to keep us posted on the status of your blog and credibility building.

This forum is a great place to find other like minded souls = places to guest blog and find guest bloggers.

First things first.... build your site.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Guest posting is like grown up guest commenting.

It really only works when the content is truly relevant.

Where have you guest posted? Who as guest posted for you?

Was it worth it?
Post 5 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I used to guest post quite a bit on whatever I found relevant to the niche I was going after. As time has moved forward the bar (standard)of entry has been raised to a point where it has become a very time consuming process (for really well written, relevant, and targeted content placement... but it can be worth it). Guest posting used to be easy... it was exploited... now webmasters are justifiably reticent about allowing it, especially if the writer is unknown (experience, ability, reputation)to the site.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

You speak from experience.

Now I wonder if guest posting, the time it takes, is worth the 'visibility' and mojo that comes with it.

I always come back to building my own site.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I guest post now ONLY if there is a great opportunity, I have a great relationship with them, and I can provide something of value to them. It needs to pairs nicely with what I've got on-site and should resonate and be complimentary enough to share through social.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
24995 8 8
destitute