BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksCareer AdviceNetworkingProductivity

How Do You Find a Good Mastermind Group?902

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I woke up a bit early this morning and am headed to a somewhat local coffee shop to try out yet another mastermind group.

I'd really like to find a group to bounce ideas off and learn from.

I don't want to pretend just so I can get business. I don't want a referral network.

I want to hang out with smart people.

Is the only way to do this to pay to join a group?

How did you find your mastermind group?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
There are advantages to paid groups. One that come immediately to mind is those who pay are perhaps more likely to be committed to the process.

On the other hand, it might be argued that those that pay may simply feel entitled and not required to actually participate.

Hard to know.

I'm about to start a local mastermind and I've been considering a long range group as well. There is a different price to pay but I have found that a good way to find an effective mastermind group is to start one, set the rules, invite selected members, and manage it.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Have you ever been part of an online mastermind group that worked well?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

Yes. But they must be small (5 or 6 max seems good), regularly managed (ie: set rule for number of failure to show and you are out), refill empty spots promptly, and keep control (on topic, on track).

Local, or online, a mastermind is not a coffee klatch or a networking (leads) session. There are places/reasons for both of those, just not at a mastermind.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
I am looking for a local mastermind whom I can meet in person.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I have heard of Twitter expert round-ups. You select the topic and discussion points, invite the partipants, have them respond to said topic and discussion, and post the responces. Kinda like an expert panel.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger Yes, I have heard of them.

Maybe we can get @Steve to organize one?
Post 7 • IP   flag post
29390 7 7
destitute